Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen problem

SOLVED
Gnopps1
Visitor

Touch screen problem

I'm having touch screen problems. For me the tablet randomly doesn't recognize touches during the below instances. In all cases either going to the home screen and relaunching the app or turning the screen off/on will solve the problem. The problems occur several times per day but not constantly.

• Sometimes opening apps will cause everything but the bottom android-buttons to be non-responsive. This can happen in any app it seems, including native ones such as Google Play.
  • Sometimes the lockscreen doesn't recognize touches at all.
  • While charging I've had issues getting the touchscreen to recognize, disconnecting the charger has helped.
  • Double-tap to wake seems to be very moody, sometimes working sometimes not. Sometimes it turns the screen on even by me just holding the tablet with my palm resting against the screen.

While not a bug per se, but the android-buttons seem very picky that you have to hit them right on the spot to work.

96 REPLIES 96
SergioPL1
Contributor

I have SCR12 official stand too and can't tell that it is worse with it.

Generally touch is more or less reliable but it is far from the experience on Z1 or Z1 Compact. And those double letters are very annoing.

James_uk2014
Visitor

I am in the process of sending my z2 back to amazong for a replacement, due to bad touch issues, but im just wondering if anyone eolse has had theirs replaced and was your new one fine (without touch issues)

When i got my other one, i restored my google account / apps straight away and when they finished i upgraded the fw to .402 straight away, but then still had issues.

I'm just wondering can i leave connecting straight away to my google account, and update the fw, then connect to my google account then restore the z2? i dunno why, im just wondering if this may have helped, or do you think it wouldn't make any difference?

I did do a factory reset of my tablet anyway and this didn't help me.

Thanks

James

James_uk2014
Visitor

Can anyone tell me is it currently all z2 tablets that have the issue or are some fine, if it is a fw issue then shouldn't all if them have the problem? I'm just in the middle if sending mine back for a replacement so just wondered.

Thanks

James
Johan
Master

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product:
IMEI nr or IDID nr:
Build number:

Will97
Visitor

Hi all,

Just got this tablet and immediately noticed that the screen isn't perfectly flat. If you lay it face down on a flat surface you will see why. Therefore, that the reason might have a substantial cause contributing to this issue.

James_uk2014
Visitor

I'm not 100% but I'm using apex launcher and it seems pretty bad with that as opposed to the stock launcher, but still does it with that to.

Are others using stock it something like apex?
Will97
Visitor

If my assumption in the above post is not correct, perhaps, it is the display technology flawed the touch response.

Interesting test on this tablet showing the randomized flaw of the touchscreen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAdWwv6xjg

James_uk2014
Visitor

I've had 2 if these tablets now, I got a replacement thinking the new one may be fine, but it's the same, I am left not knowing whether to just send it back and get a refund or to hold on till an update fixes it.but I only have a limited time I can send it back to Amazon for a refund, it would be nice to hear Sony say they have pin pointed the issue and an update will be on it's way soon, Sony?
DeGraaff
Contributor

Mine especially has problems with two-finger multitouch, it's often randomly losing track of either finger while sliding with two fingers (affecting functions such as pinch zooming). Oddly it doesn't show any noticable problems with 1 finger or 3+ fingers. Thinking_Face

DeGraaff
Contributor

I have noticed that the touch screen precision/sensitivy issues depends on the surface on which the tablet is resting.

For example:

There are no problems when the tablet lays on a glass table, regardless of using or not using style cover.

When the tablet is laying on an acrylic surface, the multitouch performance is just plain bad, also regardless of using or not using style cover.

When the tablet is in the style cover, and the cover is being used as a stand, the multitouch precision shows issues, but not as bad as when flat on the acrylic surface.