Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen problem

SOLVED
Gnopps1
Visitor

Touch screen problem

I'm having touch screen problems. For me the tablet randomly doesn't recognize touches during the below instances. In all cases either going to the home screen and relaunching the app or turning the screen off/on will solve the problem. The problems occur several times per day but not constantly.

• Sometimes opening apps will cause everything but the bottom android-buttons to be non-responsive. This can happen in any app it seems, including native ones such as Google Play.
  • Sometimes the lockscreen doesn't recognize touches at all.
  • While charging I've had issues getting the touchscreen to recognize, disconnecting the charger has helped.
  • Double-tap to wake seems to be very moody, sometimes working sometimes not. Sometimes it turns the screen on even by me just holding the tablet with my palm resting against the screen.

While not a bug per se, but the android-buttons seem very picky that you have to hit them right on the spot to work.

96 REPLIES 96
syed22
Visitor

Hello

I bought Z2 from max and have problem in my screen. There are dull lines which are like background lines and shade. I returned the mobile  for service to the shop with in 12 days of buying it. This is very bad experiance for me and I will not recommend this to any one.

Paranoy
Visitor

Is the Touchscreen problem finally fixed?

kimberlyrules
Visitor

Agreed I only had mine a week and they're only take it back or change to for example Galaxy tab in unopened package. How can you know you're going to have this kind of problem. I have never been so displeased with anything
petty18
Visitor

Hi,

Have you download any driver for your touchpad? If no, maybe you can try download a driver first to see whether it is a driver problem.

First, you can download driver through device manager.
Step 1. Click Start, then right-click "My Computer" (or "Computer") and click "Manage".

Step 2. In the Computer Management window, on the left, click "Device Manager".

Step 3. Click the "+" sign in front of Mouse and other pointing devices.

Step 4. Right-click the device listed below Mouse and other pointing devices and select Uninstall.

Step 5. Click OK to confirm removal of the device.

Step 6. Restart the system. Windows will detect and automatically install the driver.

If it does not help, you can use this drivers download utility called DriverTuner to download drivers automatically. With it, I have downloaded and updated many drivers. http://tiny.cc/3cwerx. Hope it can also work for you. Download and install it, then it will automatically scan for your system and recommend suitable drivers for you. You can download or update whichever driver you need.

demer000
Visitor

I was suffering from this problem...  And the touch screen can't find my finger...  But now it's improved after restart my Xperia tablet 

Thanks 

Visitor

I have problems with the actuation of Touch alone and stop and enter numbers and characters

Nitesh0
Visitor

hey did u find any solution for your problem i hav the same problem i could draw my notification bar either.plz help