Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen problem

SOLVED
Gnopps1
Visitor

Touch screen problem

I'm having touch screen problems. For me the tablet randomly doesn't recognize touches during the below instances. In all cases either going to the home screen and relaunching the app or turning the screen off/on will solve the problem. The problems occur several times per day but not constantly.

• Sometimes opening apps will cause everything but the bottom android-buttons to be non-responsive. This can happen in any app it seems, including native ones such as Google Play.
  • Sometimes the lockscreen doesn't recognize touches at all.
  • While charging I've had issues getting the touchscreen to recognize, disconnecting the charger has helped.
  • Double-tap to wake seems to be very moody, sometimes working sometimes not. Sometimes it turns the screen on even by me just holding the tablet with my palm resting against the screen.

While not a bug per se, but the android-buttons seem very picky that you have to hit them right on the spot to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

We have started rolling out a new software for Z2 Tablet, version 23.0.1.A.0.167, which has improvements for the touch screen.

Depending on where you bought your tablet, this update may not be available for you yet but please check for updates and update to this version when available.

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96
mariokdd
Visitor

I am having the same problem. At first I thought I had a faulty unit but after searching online I found out many people are experiencing the same annoyances. I got the LTE version. It would be good to know whether people at Sony are aware of this problem and working on it?
Tsubaki
Visitor

I am experiencing the exact same problems as the topic starter, I have the 16Gb WiFi version. I hope this will be fixed soon!
Prao
Visitor

In my opinion this is the exact same problem that occurs on the Z1, the Z1s and the Z1 Compact phones. Sony knows about that touchscreen issues and reported the issue will be solved with the 4.4.2 KitKat updates. The update did not solve the Problem in any way which leads me to the assumption that Sony is unable to fix this obvious error because it is hardware related.

If you want to take a look at the discussion and how the error looks like on the phones here are the links to the threads of the xperia Z1 phones

Xperia Z1C loosing touch

Xperia Z1 / Z1s touchscreen problems

psionguy
Visitor

Add me to the list, same problem. I do hope this is not a hardware problem and can be fixed by a firmware upgrade.

jarau_de
New

I have exactly the same issues with my Z2 tablet. But Sony Support has never herd of that. Are they deaf? The whole internet cries about this heavy bug. This was my first Sony device and probably my last. Sorry. The device is very good, nearly perfect. But a touchscreen is elementary for a tablet and it should work without any flaws. If there's no hope on the horizon, I will give it back. I want to hear a clear statement from Sony.

Mickep
Visitor

Hello
I have same problem with my Z2 tablet.Bought it 2 days ago.
The touchsreen sometimes doesnt react when touching it.Very annoying.
Deckard1
Visitor

same problem. No answer to my email at sony-support since one week, except an acknowledgment of receipt.

In my opinion most users have the touch problem, but in most cases they can manage it by touching again.

But in some other cases, eg. playing games, it is a bigger problem, when you drive against a wall for example.

Klaus55
Visitor

To me this is an industry wide problem. Had it on the Nexus 7 2013, the Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 2, etc. The worst was the Nexus 7, however!

It appears to happen to me on my new Z2 tablet when I use it on a table or other surface and I only touch with a finger without holding it with the other hand. Grounding issue?

Viciousgoose
Visitor

I am also experiencing this one. It seems to be at its worst when the tablet is laid on a flat surface and can become completely unresponsive. I spoke to sony via the online chat and they couldn't help me. Has anyone got any closer to finding out if this is a software fix?