Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z Screen Cracked & Touch not working..

SOLVED
ikhlas786
Visitor

Xperia Z Screen Cracked & Touch not working..

Hii.. This is regarding my xperia z phone. I purchased in april 2013, got a replacement Phone in NOV 2013 and now I had my fone in good condition.. I got my scratchguard changed n got a bubble in between.. I pressed vertically so that the bubble may disappear but it cracked my device from the top.. 

20140509_173236.jpg

The top part of the cracked screen has lost its touch.. I went to the Service centre talked to the manager And he said that It cannot be replaced as it is out of purchase date.. he told me a figure around 15k to replace the fone.. 

M using the fone by rotating n all.. I didnt xpect sony xperia Z to b so so so weak.. Its really heartbreaking that i lost my fone while adjusting d screenguard bubble,, 

I need SoNy to read my post so that they could provide a better option for me.. 15k is half d price of the fone n i think i deserve a replacement again.. This fone cracked so lightly n lost its touch..  I read that this fone was strong but I think d replacement gave me an already damaged Sony xperia Z.. Its just 5 months n this happens. . 

NEED YOUR ATTENTION SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hampus
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I suggest that you raise this with your local support team to check how to proceed with this in the best possible way:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Hampus
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I suggest that you raise this with your local support team to check how to proceed with this in the best possible way:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

ikhlas786
Visitor

The local support team is jst asking for 15k* n that's not a solution coz ive js used my replaced fone for 5 monthsy sensitively.
srs
Visitor

my sony xperia z screen cracked by itself....and in increased mode day by...what to do

DrAnuradhaPawar
Visitor

same here Slightly_frowning_Face i had my z in my pocket ...it got cracked somehow in the lower portion of the screen and i realized the part of the screen above the crack is not working but the lower portion is working...i went to the local sony center they told me there is no reapir policy and since its been a year and a half after buying z it cant be replaced and i have to pay Rs.14000 to replace it....i dont understand how is it possible that a gadget of SONY cannot be repaired after shelling off 38,000 bucks!!! sony i need an answer for this ... i am extremeley in love with my z but i am very much dissapointed and annoyed after hearing that it is not repairable....

PORTOCELO13
Explorer

THE SONY XPERIA Z IS NOT WATERPROOF - SONY DOES NOT RESPOND Options It is much more. I was relatively happy with it. Pulled good pictures, but did not buy it for that, I like surfing the internet and was a portable way to do it. Also manage specific applications through my business. No floor suspended from the phone. So far so good. Initially the battery consumption was run riot; ,, after the software update significantly improved (and I will explain why). One day I decided to change the screen saver (disastrous day); areas to remove air I turned to credit card and when he began to hum with persistent noise. The phone did not respond and one home that noise could wink. I had it on the balcony about 24 hours (it was weekend). I took it to a Telstra shop near my place next holiday party repair "mobile makes a noise when you turn it on and the touchscreen is not responding." After 5 or 6 days I receive a communication sms of a service in which it says that the phone is out of warranty because he was beaten and that the repair is 263.78E (joke seems), I told them no, that Mobile was not hit and you have to take care warranty. As I found the subject a little sloppy and Third I decided to talk to customer mobile SONY service in which they wash their hands and submit the opinion of that mysterious SAT (which is not an official service mark eye! ). In between, numerous calls to Telstra that more or less say the same thing: to be j. and hold it, which lead me to the store and I already explained; Store in washing their hands and I refer to SONY. SONY I call again and give it a week to "solve" the problem (do not think). In short, the mobile market's strongest breaks by placing a screen saver that holds any tablet larger surface. The fault is mine for not taking a look at online reviews there about what was going to buy; I realize now that I am another victim of a product with many problems. I leave two links, one Spanish and one English: http://www.ocu.org/tecnologia/telefono/noticias/sony-xperia-z-display-broken http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/05/30/bbcs-watchdog-investigates-xperia-z1-cracking-screen-issue-sony... Since 2003 there is a law of guarantee is not met here, as well as a responsibility of manufacture. There are too many cases to be a matter of "big hands" (SONY something is bad, even sending to participate here as a therapy). For my part, if in the course of these seven days imposed by the Customer SONY to resolve the repair I will come to the service consumer does not respond or act as consolatriz, as the amount is not negligible, to the courts asking refund of the amount paid and suffering.
Divesh90
Visitor

I purchased my Xperia Z on 14-Oct-2013. The phone is under warrnaty period. The IMEI No. is.

I just realized my phone stopped responding to any sort of touch and i was then i realized that the display had a crack in between. I approached the service centre and they said this problem will not be covered in warrnaty. 

However, the phone does not have any physical damage. The display just cracked on its own and i didn't even realize when and how.

I request you to kindly replace the damaged screen. This was the first time i purchassed Sony and facing such a big problem. The service centre said that it would cost around 22000.00 INR for the replacement.

However, i request you to kindly replace the same free of cost since the phone is under warranty period.

Please find the attachment. Request you to help at the earliest.

Divesh Gupta

Broken Display

Bandolero
Contributor

hi Divesh,

Suggest you to contact your local support for further assistance regards to your incident. You may also want yo have your IMEI to be remove from your post and please do not post any of your personal info..

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/country/en_IN/
Vladimir_Tommin
Visitor

My phone is also cracked like this and phone is in warranty,but the sony's service centre is asking me around 30,000 rs for replacing screen.like pick pocketers

Tags (1)
PrasadNayak
Visitor

I have got the same problem it cracke while adjusting the screen guard and the crack is exactly similar