Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z Screen Cracked & Touch not working..

SOLVED
ikhlas786
Visitor

Xperia Z Screen Cracked & Touch not working..

Hii.. This is regarding my xperia z phone. I purchased in april 2013, got a replacement Phone in NOV 2013 and now I had my fone in good condition.. I got my scratchguard changed n got a bubble in between.. I pressed vertically so that the bubble may disappear but it cracked my device from the top.. 

20140509_173236.jpg

The top part of the cracked screen has lost its touch.. I went to the Service centre talked to the manager And he said that It cannot be replaced as it is out of purchase date.. he told me a figure around 15k to replace the fone.. 

M using the fone by rotating n all.. I didnt xpect sony xperia Z to b so so so weak.. Its really heartbreaking that i lost my fone while adjusting d screenguard bubble,, 

I need SoNy to read my post so that they could provide a better option for me.. 15k is half d price of the fone n i think i deserve a replacement again.. This fone cracked so lightly n lost its touch..  I read that this fone was strong but I think d replacement gave me an already damaged Sony xperia Z.. Its just 5 months n this happens. . 

NEED YOUR ATTENTION SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 REPLIES 27
275varun
Visitor

With due respect i am reporting this issue to mark your attention regarding the virtual damage developed at its own in my xperia z

I have purchased the Xperia Z on 2nd Feb 2014
During the use of 2 months i got some hanging issue in my phone and i was advised to replace it by sony service center at Faridabad.

Howsoever i simply left it there for replacement.
After a week i got a phone which was said to be new.

At the time of picking it i saw a slight line over the top of screen. That line was hardly visible if you will tilt the phone then you will see it otherwise you will never recognize it.
But the executive said that it is not a problem you can use it, if you will face any problem we will further replace it(Because xperia z series can't be open so the replacement was the only option)

There after i got a kitkat update and i have upgraded it at my office via wifi.
After ward i got a sever problem of heating during calling and regular use.
On enquiry from service centre they said it is not a problem it is happening due to some unstable version of google service and advised to uninstall the google service till the next update comes.

I have un-stalled and reinstalled it later but no relief regarding the heating problem.
One side i was concious about the heating problem and suddenly my phone starts unresponsive many times. Slowly and gradually the slight mark on screen at top stretched to top to bottom and i was helpless because i was in my village where there was no such service centres available.

This time my friend advised to approach service center.
and i went there to diagnose all these issues. But people at service centre didn't take it under warranty and said its a physical damage. 

My question is how it got physically damaged, even there is no clue of broken edges and scratches on screen or around.
After my read on google i got my answer that it was not abused by me but some units might have such defects and on sever heating it can be stretched to whole screen
find the reference urls
current status is under warranty
at technocare solutions pvt ltd service centre at lajpat nagar Delhi
issue : touch damage (not considered under warranty)
ticket id: 14112202378
job no: W114112202378
Date : 22 Nov 2014

Please issue a new unit under the warranty condition instead of paid repairing .
Other wise i have to appeal consumer court/consumer forums for same.
abraham_simons
Visitor

Did they do anything about it.   I have a similar issue with z ultra. they are asking me to pay 10000 .  Its in 8 months warranty.  I am filing consumer case in 3 days.  do you more proof on this defect in thier design.

Leotta
Visitor

My screen also cracked on its own, and if a multi BILLION DOLLER company like sony cannot stand behind thier products.................Then your just thieves who pray opon the people. Come on and do the right thing my name is Jason Leotta my mobile is , and my E-MAIL IS:   

So come on sony do the right thing. For you its a drop in the ocean for us its everything.

raypulak
Visitor

Exactly same problem I am facing.I had my z in my pocket ...it got cracked somehow in the upper portion of the screen and i realized the part of the screen above the crack is not working but the lower portion is working...i went to the local sony center they told me there is no reapir policy and since its been a year and a half after buying z it cant be replaced, but while selling they have never told that it is not a repairable set after warranty period. Ihave paid a hefty amount for this set nearly Rs.40K. Are Sony misleading their consumer and hiding the fact that it is not reapirable, if it would have told earlier then I have no issue as I have to to choose the set or not after knowing this condition. It is a complete cheating for a such highend phone also from Sony which is known as one of the best after sales service provider for any of it's product. Pl help me to shortout my issue.

mkhannn
Visitor

yesterday the display touch panel of my Xperia Z cracked and the touch is not working i noticed it after 2 minutes i talked on phone and kept in pocket and went to my room . i am not able to make the pattern for opening the lock screen. i am very sad and its totally heart breaking time for me. my fone is under warranty just 8.5 months old. i went to the service centre  they told me its an unrepairable and asked me to pay half of the current MRP of the fone thats around 13000 INR and after that my phone will be replaced but not with a fresh one but a 2nd hand fone. the other option they gave was that if i have to buy the upgrade model like z1 z2 for that i will get just 20% discount. that means if z1 is 27000Rs for that i have to give my 29000 Rs xperia z phone plus 20000 more What is this !!!! .. that means with a broken display my phone's is now worth of just 7000Rs that i have purchased giving a heavy amount of 29000Rs.  I dont think its some sensible offer SONY is giving to the customers. Why cant they just change the touch panel of my phone.
Please i need some advice. !!!! 

mohsin khan 

BhupendraKumarM
Visitor

same problem..I had xperia z3..Its screen is very soft..& break easly.. 

Its water proof but after contacted with water..it hangs for some time...than work properly...

Xpz
Visitor

My Xperia z screen stop responding out of the blue. It was still working in the morning .I saw a small crack over the left bottom corner...but the weird thing is the phone never fell recently.

Thommo
Genius

Sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

ahmedadelyousse
Visitor

i'm also have the same problem, my screen cracked on its own, without touch it on do any thing with line in the middle on screen, and the upper portion not working and the lower portion working with no problem

realy i'm very sad and i will not buy sony any more

Kesh1
Visitor

i had the same problem last month and i fix the phone for 15k and it works well bt just a little scratch yesterday the touch pad crack and it stop working. this is so bad and frustrating wll i need to spend another 15k