Join now - be part of our community!

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Razorig2
Visitor

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Since Marshmallow has replaced Stamina mode, can you selectively choose which apps you want to keep running in the background when the screen is off or does doze just disable all background running apps whilst in idle?

I would really like to know this as I only like getting selected app notifications when the screen is off.
Does doze give you the same amount of freedom to selectively choose which apps to keep running in the background?

I'm still waiting for MM but from what I heard there's quite a few problems with it, anyone who has it, any improvements to the camera performance or is it still poor?
279 REPLIES 279
RuneJ
Contributor

The latest Build 32.2.A.0.224 contains the Stamina Mode, it was not there in previous builds of 6.0.1.

Dny78
Visitor

Yes it does but it's only battery/powersavings mode with a new name!! It's the same as before!!

Is rooting the device the only way to get lollipop back??

FrknEgeOztrk
Visitor

You dont need root for downgrade. Download lollipop rom on xperiafrim and flash it via flashtool
totoroo
Visitor

If you really want lollipop you better hurry. Only 3 LP fw on Xperifirm and none generic.

ErikEngerd1
Visitor

With this firmware I am having excellent battery life. Stamina mode is always on and I have disabled location access for almost any application that I think should not get location access.

Previously I rolled back successfully to lollipop using flashtool, but I am staying on marshmallow now.

Have you checked with an app such as better battery stats what is draining your battery? Chances are it is one misbehaving app that only behaves badly on marshmallow. BBS also allows you to monitor wake locks even without root. Note that wakelocks for location access are attributed to google services, so if google services is the issue then try disabling location access for most apps.
Damo7
Visitor

Hi FrknEgeOztrk,

Please guide me or share link how to downgrade my sony Z5 dual from Marshamllow to Lollipop/kit kit versions. I really don't like Marshmallow and sony not worked properly specially on battery saving...before I used to get 2 days of Battery life as said by sony, but now with Marshamllow update only one day battery life even with update of 6.0.1. 

I request to sony take back saying two days of battery life is nonsence. 

Please some one help how to downgrade.... thanks in advance for your help

Nigel0408
Visitor

So how do I change my power management settings now, can't find this Google doze app anywhere. Very annoying of Sony to just do this
Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Nigel0408

Settings > battery > menu 

Fartypoop
Visitor

Go to settings. Then to support. Go into tools. Stamina mode is in there. 

Ahmed1986
Visitor

Impossible 4 hrs screen on and two days on single charge never happened please attach screenshot