Join now - be part of our community!

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Razorig2
Visitor

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Since Marshmallow has replaced Stamina mode, can you selectively choose which apps you want to keep running in the background when the screen is off or does doze just disable all background running apps whilst in idle?

I would really like to know this as I only like getting selected app notifications when the screen is off.
Does doze give you the same amount of freedom to selectively choose which apps to keep running in the background?

I'm still waiting for MM but from what I heard there's quite a few problems with it, anyone who has it, any improvements to the camera performance or is it still poor?
279 REPLIES 279
J-Mor
Visitor

Even with mail and WhatsApp in the "whitelist", I'm not receiving messages or mail for anything up to an hour after they've been sent. Please find a way to bring back the old stamina mode.
gibz
Visitor

well, Im in Australia, and my z5 on mm still has stamina and no doze mode.

I can also say, that now i cannot choose which apps i can exclude from stamina. Stamina has one setting, and thats it. 

Bring back stamina the way it was!!!  ive lost about 30% of my battery life.

Syncr0s
Visitor

Hi Gibz,

I'm in AU with an unlocked Z5 and has to change my mobile network preferred network type to WCDMA (preferred )/GSM from LTE (preferred)/WCDMA/GSM to give my phone reasonable battery performance, even with the latest OTA update.

Please try that and see how you go.

J-Mor
Visitor

I dropped and smashed my z2 last week and upgraded to z5. Even after two and a half years my z2 had much better battery life than the z5. There needs to be something done about stamina mode or my love for Xperia is finished.
mari18cf
Visitor

Nothing compares with the excelent ULtra mode in which I used in emergency situations. Yesterday I wanted it so bad. Result: Run out of battery.

mari18cf
Visitor

Exactly that!

Damo7
Visitor

Please don't buy Sony Mobiles... now a days not coming with good quality and even with Marshmallow update getting more worest due to bad update from SONY. I love sony and I was using more than 5 years, but I hate sony forever and never suggest to any one... for me facing very poor batter backup and need to charge every day. 

I request to sony stop saying 2 days of battery life. Thanks for that. 

HQ85
Visitor

Indeed. Stamina mode is really bugged. Though it did push the battery life slightly longer, the non-vibration mode for notification is a hassle.

AzzaZ3c
Visitor

Since upgrading to mm my Z5c battery life is stuffed. Literally with stamina mode on and minimal use - maybe 2hrs of screen on time a day including the following; some whatsapp usage 10min, maybe 1-2 phone calls 10min, some Facebook maybe an hour or so and I have less than 20hrs standby on a full charge. Its just slowly gone down since I upgraded. Prior to mm I always had 22+Hrs standby with stamina mode switched off.
Mm for me is awful. I just see my phone eating the battery ever day.
Anyone know if you can reset the settings like I've seen people mention for lollipop??

God good they fix this!!!!!

Nitin_Saxena
Visitor

No, now it's actually not considering any feedback. 

Basically they do not require feedback 🤑