Join now - be part of our community!

No loud speaker when calling

James1979
Visitor

No loud speaker when calling

Help when I am using my phone to call there is no noise when I press loud speaker? And when I do video chat on messenger there is no sound could anyone help I have a xz premium 

33 REPLIES 33
Booney907
Visitor

Is there any resolution for this yet? Clearly a software issue, I've noticed since the last update I get random software stopped messages for things like Chrome and AVG so clearly not a stable os

Jophy
Visitor

Yes same as me . I sent to sony center and come back still same. Give up on this

ands66
Visitor

i upgraded my xz premium to the oreo 8 and speaker worked before the upgrade?

have done software install and complete install on sony companion still same?

speaker works on everything but phone output?

surely this is a software issue.

JhinGibby
Visitor

It's a backend issue. You'll need to replace it or insure it to have it replaced if you no longer have warranty. 

ands66
Visitor

well silly me just found out my main speaker was not working at all replaced and now working as should and very loud!

YSF
Visitor

I have also problems with the speaker. There is no sound from the bottom speaker if i play music, put on speaker while calling etc. Top speaker is good. 

When i restart the phone it works again for a while. So its definitely a software problem.

I was running 8.0 without problems, but after the last small update this problem began. I hope they fix it with the next update.

shaher236
Visitor

I solved my problem by open the phone and replace the powe flat that conect the rightr speaker 

It was hardwear issue 

Jspam
Visitor

I'm having identical problems since updating software. No speakerphone, but music plays fine. I hope they fix this soon. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sonjahtroll
New

I have exactly the same problem,the speaker doesn't work when on a call and in speak phone mode.

Speaker works fine with Spotify or YouTube. 

Jspam
Visitor

Having the same problem here. No sound only on speaker phone. Why are they not fixing this?