Join now - be part of our community!

No loud speaker when calling

James1979
Visitor

No loud speaker when calling

Help when I am using my phone to call there is no noise when I press loud speaker? And when I do video chat on messenger there is no sound could anyone help I have a xz premium 

33 REPLIES 33
Destorian22
Visitor

I’m experiencing the same issue. No volume when touching the audio output button on phone calls.

i have performed a software repair reset as instructed by a Sony representative.

JhinGibby
Visitor

I see they deleted my previous reply. 

Basically the issue occurs with Android 8.0 as it seems. They didn't fully test the device with the Android 8.0 version. There seem to be issues between the hardware and the OS on the back end. 

I had my phone replaced and still keeping it with Android 7.1 version. It seems to work perfectly fine this way.

I don't want to upgrade the OS at least until they release Android 8.1. Hopefully they'll look into it and patch it.

It's just frustrating and amazing how much Sony with major OS releases. I still remember Android 6.0 on my Z5 Premium that made me want to bin the phone. 

Destorian22
Visitor

Is there a simple way to roll back the update that causes the issues? Or will I have to send the phone in to be tested then replaced under warranty?

JhinGibby
Visitor

The only way to downgrade the OS version would be to manually flash the Android 7.1 image. If you don't know how to do that I'd suggest returning the phone to the seller(because you don't want to accidentally brick it and void the warranty)  so they fix the issue for you if fixable or replace the device. Then I'd advise you to stick with Android 7.1 for now as it is a stable release. 

Jophy
Visitor

Now I have the same problem .. I thought my loud speaker problem until I search related problem online 

JhinGibby
Visitor

There seems to be a faulty batch mate with corrupt backend. Once you upgrade to 8.0 Oreo the problem occurs. I had my phone replaced and there were no such issues after upgrading to 8.0 Oreo. 

It's just amazing how they released so many faulty phones. I would've expected it from Samsung but Sony were like:

"Hold my beer!" 

Jophy
Visitor

Ya before this 7.0 is no problem .. 

JhinGibby
Visitor

It actually comes with 7.1 which is the latest stable release. 

You need to call the seller and have your devide replaced if you have warranty. If you don't maybe try to flash 7.1 if you know what you're doing and turn off the OS updates. 

They just need to fix their QC. 

I'm sure Sony are reading this as they deleted 2 of my comments so far for using a C word to describe their developers which was reasonable I believe. Better luck with the next premium model. 

Jophy
Visitor

Oh dear Malaysia. Never think about to get a replacement .. I just got my XZP repair from dead pixel screen 

Booney907
Visitor

My XZ premium doesn't work on loud speaker during a call either, used to work fine, checked software and its running version 8.0