Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting my p990i

Not applicable

Connecting my p990i

Hi,

I am trying to connect my p990i to my computer,

Having successfully  installed the software programmes from the CD supplied and plugged in my phone using the USB cable, then running the Connection Wizard, I get the message "No connected mobile device found"

Can anyone help me please?

Regards

Jim

10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable

Have you followed the instructions exactly?

It is important, that you first start the Update Software, then plug in the USB cabel.

At next you have to deactivate the phone, remove the battery (so the phone cache is empty) and put it in again. Then you have to plug in the cabel into your phone and WHILE doing this, you must hold down the "c" button.

Cheerz MicL

Not applicable

Hi MicL

Thanks for your reply, I have not seen these instructions anywhere.

I have a couple of questions.

Do I leave the installation CD in?

What is the akku ?

Jim

Not applicable

Oh sorry. Language mixup. I changed this (actually with "akku" i ment the battery, my bad)

After installing the software the cd doesn't have to be in.

Not applicable

Hi MicL,

Thanks for all your help.

I followed your instructions to the letter but I still get the same message.

The hardware was installed but the phone still won't connect.

Not sure what else I can try.

I will have to wait until my son comes to visit and see if he can resolve the problem.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Jim

Not applicable

Did you hold down the "c" button after connecting the usb-cabel?

it needs some time after connecting. the button must be hold down until the software recognizes the phone.

Not applicable

Yes I did.

I got the message, USB device not recognized.

Not applicable

At next i would recomend you the "universal-driver-package" build by some german SE user.

It contains EVERY DRIVER SE ever released for Windows from XP to 7, even 64bit.

install it:

http://grisu59964.de./utp/download

after that. try the update again. it helps sometimes because its possible that the driver on the phone is corrupted.

this is really no fake, tried it myself. didn't helped me with my satio problem, but that was more an usb driver problem of vista than a se-driver problem

Not applicable

I have a feeling that the problem is down to how I have configured the phone.

As I said, my son will be down in a week or so and he will check it out for me.

I will let you know the outcome if and when the problem is resolved.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Jim

Not applicable

Hi

Am using S500i.. Its not powering up. Red light flashes whenever I press power button. I tried for updating the software, but my phone is not getting connected to PC even after holding 'C' key while plugging the USB cable. When I plug the USB cable to phone, red light flashes and nothing happen after that. Can anyone help in this?

Thanks in advance.

-Vijey