Join now - be part of our community!

Audio drivers for downgrading to xp on AR51M

evilenglishman
Visitor

Audio drivers for downgrading to xp on AR51M

Hi
today I got my new laptop and my first job is to get XP on it.
I have managed to get practically everything working in XP except for the audio. I've been looking all over to try and sort this out but no matter what I try I cant get it working.

Ive tried the vista drivers and drivers from various places.

I currently have 2 problems.

1. Pop up on windows start:

Rthdcpl - EAccessViolation

2. SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC - yellow ! in device manager with error 10 - device cant start.

Can anyone point me to some drivers that will work?

76 REPLIES 76
Ariochk
Visitor

Hi, I'm a desesperated owner of AR41E, and I've tryed to install audio driver, following the instructions for Ar51, but nothing seems to work properly...

I don't know what to do... I've tryed with mic updates, sigmatel and realtek drivers, bloking realtek in device manager... and nothing works.

I would be so grateful if someone explain me What i need to do, for solve thius issue.

Thanks, and sorry for my level of English.

modekiller
Visitor

Finally I got all my drivers for my VGN-AR51E work (audio, video, ShortcutButton......) as to the information provided in this thread.

But there is still one problem: an unknown device still show up whose position is "65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)". The system works well without it, but I am still wondering what's it and how to solve it?

Does anybody have any clue?

simonkoleznik
Visitor

I also want to downgrade my ar51e to xp, may I have your driver? Thanks

If someone has all drivers collected for AR series, I can put it to my server as a zip package.

modekiller
Visitor

If someone has all drivers collected for AR series, I can put it to my server as a zip package.

I almost have everything for my AR51E except the one problem unsolved mentioned above. How can I send u the package?

Bartes
Visitor

i attached almost full instructions of downgrade few posts above. Chech the text file, links for drivers are there too.

I still didnt solve the brightness control problem, but that can be still modified via nVidia Control Panel. Not that easy as buttons but works.

I noticed the problem with sound card. It works without a problem except if i insert anything at the line out the speakers are STILL working. I'd like to use my headphones without speakers working. Any ideas... please?

/winxp pro sp3.

simonkoleznik
Visitor

I almost have everything for my AR51E except the one problem unsolved mentioned above. How can I send u the package?

Hi,

can you please tell me, how many MB is the whole package of drivers for AR series?

If you are familiar with FTP servers, I will give you access on my page and you can freely upload the whole zip file. Please include Bartes's instructions.txt.

Best regards,
Simon

@Bartes: I have still the same problem with speakers and brightness as you. Btw, I found it that LCD screen in AR51J compered with oldest model which I own (A617M) is a total disaster and also functionality of USR ports are placed in such a stupid place. I was very dissapointed at all.

modekiller
Visitor

Hi,

can you please tell me, how many MB is the whole package of drivers for AR series?

If you are familiar with FTP servers, I will give you access on my page and you can freely upload the whole zip file. Please include Bartes's instructions.txt.

Best regards,
Simon

@Bartes: I have still the same problem with speakers and brightness as you. Btw, I found it that LCD screen in AR51J compered with oldest model which I own (A617M) is a total disaster and also functionality of USR ports are placed in such a stupid place. I was very dissapointed at all.

around 100 MB, I also wrote a readme.txt. my email is songsonglisong@gmail.com

simonkoleznik
Visitor

modekiller packed all drivers into a single zip package which is accessible here:

http://www.koleznik.net/vaio/xp-drivers-ar-series.zip

modekiller
Visitor

modekiller packed all drivers into a single zip package which is accessible here:

http://www.koleznik.net/vaio/xp-drivers-ar-series.zip

sorry for the late uploading. really too busy these days :tired: . there is a readme.txt inside and just follow the instructions, enjoy! :wink:

StephBZH-CH
Visitor

Hello all,

I'm really interested with this subject, because I have a Vaio VGN-AR51J, and the downgrade to Windows XP Pro isn't quite working. First the audio, despite the driver pack provided in these pages.
Here's the story.

I've installed the MS kb888111 update, then the Realtek drivers.
This way -at least- the optical output would work. But it doesn't.
I installed the reg file, Then I tried with the SigmaTel setup, but !!always!! stop, due to the system doesn't find the component.
Afterward I manually installed the Sigmatel High Definition Audio CODEC (add new material etc...), pointing on the "sthda.sys" in the WDM folder, but I received a "code 10" error (the device cannot start).

I quite doubt the driver isn't correct, for the audio component installed.
Does all the AR series got the same ??

So I'm quite disturbed... if you can help me, that would be great !
Thanks a lot in advance
Regards