Join now - be part of our community!

Audio drivers for downgrading to xp on AR51M

evilenglishman
Visitor

Audio drivers for downgrading to xp on AR51M

Hi
today I got my new laptop and my first job is to get XP on it.
I have managed to get practically everything working in XP except for the audio. I've been looking all over to try and sort this out but no matter what I try I cant get it working.

Ive tried the vista drivers and drivers from various places.

I currently have 2 problems.

1. Pop up on windows start:

Rthdcpl - EAccessViolation

2. SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC - yellow ! in device manager with error 10 - device cant start.

Can anyone point me to some drivers that will work?

76 REPLIES 76
Bartes
Visitor

Awfully thanks :slight_smile:

Bartes
Visitor

One more thing:

At the beggining of the thread, there is a link for audio drivers. Apparently the link has expired, can anyone provide any valid link? I managed to get everything to work but audio and brightness ajustment so far.

sy2j
Visitor

I had a look through my original downloads and found this folder which I zipped up for you.
Worked for me.

I've tried to email it to you as it was too big to attach to the post, but it bounced back. The file is only 5mb, I've sent bigger via email.

Is your email address correct?

Sy

Bartes
Visitor

if attachment contains .exe file, it wont go through gmail, probably that's the problem. What drivers do you have, i can probably find them over the web, just need to know what to look for.

EDIT: Dont bother yourself with those drivers, i've just made it. Dont know exactly what i did, probably installed Realtek driver, then Sigma. Next i disabled Realtek because of the error that was mentioned somewhere above. Anyway thank you for your effort.

Basically i have fully operational AR51M, except brightness ajustment, no idea how get this thing to work. THIS method failed... see last post :slight_frown:

simonkoleznik
Visitor

Hi all!

Thanks for sharing this. I have a problem with my AR51J which has the same graphics as M series but I cannot find a proper driver to install it. Every time I try to install a genuine driver from Nvidia site it says that driver is not the correct one.

Can you please send me a direct link or a whole package to my mail (simonXkoleznik.net) X=@

Greetings!
Simon

Bartes
Visitor

Hi all!

Thanks for sharing this. I have a problem with my AR51J which has the same graphics as M series but I cannot find a proper driver to install it. Every time I try to install a genuine driver from Nvidia site it says that driver is not the correct one.

Can you please send me a direct link or a whole package to my mail (simonXkoleznik.net) X=@

Greetings!
Simon

This one works perfectly fine with my AR51M: LINK

simonkoleznik
Visitor

Dziynki, Bartes! :smileygrin:

Driver passed and now it works.

I still have 5 more alerts (!) in Device Manager. I tried to install drivers from AR2 series package but it did not pass.

Audio Device On High Definition Audio Bus
Mass Storage Controller
Modem Device

I am using a new SP3 XP and all I have installed till now is critical update for High Definition Audio and SigmaTel and it works perfectly. Any advice for other alerts?

Bartes
Visitor

i had the same, in attachment there is a instruction how did i managed to get everything to work. Everything EXCEPT brightness control. Lack of that ajustment is SO annoying.

Try my instruction out, hopefully it will work for you. Did you made brightness ajustment work?

PS. Dzieki :wink:

profile.country.ru_RU.title
olemakar
Visitor

VGN-AR61MR & VGN-AR61ZRU
---
I do this:
1. Install Sigmatel drivers
2. Install Realtek drivers
3. Blocked Realtek Audio Device in Device Manager
4. Delete Rthdcpl from autorun
---
After that:
Sound on Sigmatel Audio card work propertly. Realtek Audio card is off.
---

Please, comment !

modekiller
Visitor

I also want to downgrade my ar51e to xp, may I have your driver? Thanks