Join now - be part of our community!

how to take screenshot in Xperia SP after 4.3 update

SOLVED
windigox5
Visitor

how to take screenshot in Xperia SP after 4.3 update

Before the update to 4.3 I could take screenshot using the power button...

But now the screeshot option is gone... How can I take screenshot in Xperia SP in 4.3 android??
57 REPLIES 57
Eleison
Visitor

After pressing both the power button and the low volume button simultaneously in conjuction, one would have to hold those keys down for a brief period of time to successfully complete a screenshot.
Tweds
Visitor

I was swearing too.
Press the power button and the volume rocker nearest the power button for about two seconds.

Very backwards move I agree.
Tee69
Visitor

I use finger n thumb to press both buttons at same time n never had a problem wiv screen shots
ruggyno1
Visitor

I can safely say the combination of the two buttons don't work for me! This is annoying on an epic level!
yukishir0
Visitor

I found myself having the exact problem too. But in my case, it worked before ( the combination of volume down and power button) and suddenly it doesn anymore.

Then i realized even holding the power button wont bring out the shut down option so i hard reset the phone.

The screen capture feature works again after that. 

usingtea
Visitor

I am having the exact same problem with my xperia SP as well. The power+volume down button only works for a brief while. Subsequently whenever i try to do the button combo, it doesn't work anymore until i hard reset the phone again. What i mean by not working is the phone goes silent mode after u press the combo. And when i press the power button only, the phone screen goes blank straight without showing the option of switching off the phone. Its freaking irritating. 

If Sony is seeing this i hope you will rectify this issue ASAP.

pipistrello777
Visitor

does not work

menyus
Visitor

I used to take screenshots with the combination of volume down + power button. Something changed or the buttons got damaged it does not work any more. I use 4.3 and the volume buttons and the power button works. Now i cant take screenshots with the combination that i used to.

Anyway i have issues with sony. I used to love it. The front camera got dirty from the inside. Viber calls does not work. And now this... I'm going to change brand.....
ancorcaioch
Visitor

Sorted thanks.
ArabiA
Visitor

It's Vol ( - ) and Power button at the same time.