Join now - be part of our community!

how to take screenshot in Xperia SP after 4.3 update

SOLVED
windigox5
Visitor

how to take screenshot in Xperia SP after 4.3 update

Before the update to 4.3 I could take screenshot using the power button...

But now the screeshot option is gone... How can I take screenshot in Xperia SP in 4.3 android??
57 REPLIES 57
indeed
Visitor

Well,earlier method was fineand easy and there was no need of two hands but it's ok to know new method.
helmo
Visitor

I tried and nothing happen...all what happen is my phone turn silence mood and
the power off option appear.
helmo
Visitor

*silence mode
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You need to press the button at the same time.It must work.

alexdon
Docrob
Visitor

What a REALLY STUPID MOVE removing Screen capture off the power button, why complicate things, Also alot of of the time my Apps keep freezing WILL You PLEASE PUT Screen Capture BACK.on the power button, thanks.

mklaasse
Visitor

Got me puzzled for two weeks. The button combination seemed to be not working. But I was interpreting the instructions differently. Not only the combination of the buttons is important, but also the timing. Push them as if it were just one button, not as a key combination.

The trick is not just pushing the buttons at the same time, but /together/ at the same time. You will need to push them at once. The time of pushing the volume down button and the power button must be equal.

I would push the volume down button and then push the power button (ending up pushing them both at the same time) and nothing happened. The correct way is not only pushing them together but start pushing them both together as if it were just one button you are pushing.

Hope this helps some people that got stuck like me.
Sajin
Visitor

Hi...earlier i wasn't knowing to take screen shots without any app..but this is working without any apps..you should press volume down and power button simultaneously.. Not one after another... That works..i am using latest jb 4.3 os( with latest update) thanks..
SHoOKii
Visitor

I don't want to press two buttons at the same time to take screen shots! If you do it for several times, the buttons will get damaged!! PLEASE PUT SCREEN CAPTURE OPTION BACK ON THE POWER BUTTON!!!
stelaki
Visitor

dont worry !!!!!!! indeed , it works!!!!!! today i update my xperia and the same happened to me!!!!!! well,just press the power button and the same time the volume button!!!!! i know its annoying,but think u can take screenshots ;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rose

stelaki
Visitor

ahm...i have a question Slightly_smiling_Face what about update 12.1.a.1.201 ???? every time i update my phone, i have a new update ! how is that possible? 😛