Join now - be part of our community!

Almost fully occupied internal storage and contact cloce

andyxxl
Visitor

Almost fully occupied internal storage and contact cloce

Dear Gents,

I am experiencing annoying problem bellow.

Once I want to install anything from play app store I am getting error message that not enough space is in internal memory?

My question would be than why this annoying Xperia's android is not giving option to choose either internal memory or external SD card???

Another issue is if I want to transfer my personal data from Xperia M2 into newer ARC S it is just hanging and no progress there!

I did reboot of either PC or Xperia arc s several times!!!

Any advice would be welcomed!

Regards

Andy from Slovakia

21 REPLIES 21
Rickard
Master

Hi,

Android does support moving apps to the SD card but the app itself must support it as well. Android can however not move all the data that belongs to an app to the SD card so some internal storage will still be used (how much depends on the app).

To move an app to the SD card, go to Settings -> Apps -> [an app] -> Move to SD card.

Xperia arc S is an older model than Xperia M2. Xpria arc S was released in 2011 while Xperia M2 was released in 2014. For example, arc S has less memory and an older version of Android. I'm afraid Xperia Transfer does not support moving data to the version of Android arc S uses. If the phone is updated with the latest firmware, it can move data from it though.

andyxxl
Visitor

Come on Rickard,

no matter my Xperia arc C is older thar shall be possible to install apps on exteranl SD card!

Why then is sense to have SD card then?

For keeping MP3, photo or whatever files?

Gents I badly need advice.

I am totally blocked at my Xperia handset!

I can not install not app whilst there is just 300MB internal memory free!

Regards

Andy from Slovakia

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@andyxxl

Come on @andyxxl don't forget to check your previous posts, we can't help you if you don't reply back. 

1st thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Home/Bogus-shortcuts-on-Xperia-desktop-screen/m-p/1189036#n

2nd thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-M2-M2-Aqua/SMS-delivery-report-not-working-on-Xperia-M2/m-p/118...

3rd thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-M2-M2-Aqua/Experia-M2-not-charging/m-p/1188106

4th thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Android-development/How-to-root-Xperia-not-void-warranty/m-p/1188691

The Xperia Arc has a different Android version 

The Xperia Arc was released March 2011 with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and was later updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich 

The Xperia C was released July 2013 with Android 4.2.2 Jellybean

As you can see, it does matter when the devices were released and the Android version they were released and/or updated to. 

Keep in mind that Android/Google change the way SD cards are allowed to be used, back with 4.0 you were able to move apps to the SD card, well that ended and that's that. Google want users to use the SD card for media and app developers are getting lazy and releasing apps and updates that are heavier and heavier. 

You have few options 

1. Get a new phone with bigger internal storage

2. root your device, partition the SD card and use apps/mods that will allow you to move apps to the SD card

andyxxl
Visitor

Come on man!

I am really, really shocked that SD card can be just used for media photos, videos.

Would you be so kind and past concrete link with hints how to root this crappy Xperia?

I am about buy another one!

No idea, hint wich one to choose? Preferably dual SIM one...

Any idear welcomed!

Regards

Andy, Slovakia

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@andyxxl

I don't think the phone it's "crappy" as you describe it, and also, Google is trying to kill the SD card, you can google that 

I'll give you some links later today or you can check the XDA Forum. 

andyxxl
Visitor

Many thanks Uliwoly!

Please provide me concrete links which enable me to use SD card for apps etc.

Also I really appreciate if you paste me here links with concrete hints how to root this Experia!

Thanks!

Best regards

Andy form Slovakia

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

andyxxl
Visitor

Sir I am a bit confused from that advised XDA post!

Can you kindly paste concrete link where they talk how to use external SD cart storage for installing of Android apps?

Funny thing I could move some apps inside app setting to external SD card!!!

So how can I write apps to extrerdnal sd card storage sir?????

It is ridiculous!!! I have Opera Mini on SD scard installed regardless you are saying it is not possible without rooted Xperia C!!!

Screenshot_sdcard_app.jpg

Regards

andyxxl
Visitor

Gents no one has some comment to this annoying issue?

I have found this hint. Please have a look to link bellow

how to set extrnal SD memory for apps

Has anybody idea where to find these annoying settings?

Cheers

Andy from Slovakia