Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

profile.country.DE.title
phil_merge

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

Hi,

After performing the auto speaker calibration and selecting a setting ("Full Flat" for example), this setting is not stored. 

When I switch the receiver off and on again, the speaker calibration setting is ignored, although it still says "Full Flat" in the menu. The sound is as if it was set to "Off".

I need to manually set the setting to "Off" and to "Full flat" to hear the correct speaker calibration.

Thanks for your help!

Phil

193 REPLIES 193
profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

I'm not sure. I can't hear much of a difference between all the calibration modes on my setup. I can try do a better test, but listening in a small room with bright speakers, the differences didn't immediately stand out.

Edit: I'm using my app (StrRemote Pro) and also Sony's 'Music Center' app (previously called Songpal) to change modes on the fly.

profile.country.GB.title
dn1080razza
Explorer

I have the same problem
profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Thanks @dn1080razza . And presumably the same after a reset etc?

@grolschie did you say you have an APAC unit? I really noticed the difference when I switched from a tannoy system to a monitor audio (with much more bottom end capability) system.

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

APAC as in the Asia/Pacific variant. Yep.

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Out of interest, what brand and model of TV are you using?

I know Sony TVs can override soundfield settings so want to eliminate anything like that.

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Probably getting off topic, but just an old 2013 Panasonic E6. But I turn off HDMI CEC and use optical.

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

My pondering about regional variants of the STR-DN1080 was because some regions possibly might not exhibit the loss of calibration settings because they have other power off modes that the EU models don't support and may not be powered off fully. That might explain the lack of complaints.

Not being able to hear the difference between calibration settings (like for my setup or room) might explain it as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Looks like it is nothing to do with the TV then! Cheers
profile.country.DE.title
phil_merge

Hi,

Here's the last picture of the first round of tests, which I couldn't add to my last post.

5. Here's an overlay of "Off" (black) and "Full Flat" (blue) after a unit reboot. Even though the unit says it is using "Full Flat", it does not. The line is nearly identical to "Off" mode.

Sony1080_Sweep_LowScale_07_OffAndFullFlatReboot_Overlay.jpg