Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

profile.country.DE.title
phil_merge

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

Hi,

After performing the auto speaker calibration and selecting a setting ("Full Flat" for example), this setting is not stored. 

When I switch the receiver off and on again, the speaker calibration setting is ignored, although it still says "Full Flat" in the menu. The sound is as if it was set to "Off".

I need to manually set the setting to "Off" and to "Full flat" to hear the correct speaker calibration.

Thanks for your help!

Phil

193 REPLIES 193
profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

What is quite concerning is the amount of effort required to convince Sony that there was a major fault with this fundamental feature. Someone else might've given up trying to convince them back in 2018! Thank you @phil_merge !! And also to everyone else who persisted in dealing with Sony over this issue!

Then there's the horrendous amount of time to release the fix from when it was finally acknowledged in the middle of last year.

And the icing on the cake is the longstanding list of bugs afflicting this receiver that remain unacknowledged, let alone fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
r9800pro

@phil_merge 

I have 2 STR-DN1080 from Amazon.co.uk and neither of them has this issue. 

I am 100% sure about that.

profile.country.GB.title
expectingtofly1
Explorer

@r9800pro    I'm sure you're right, and you can't detect the (now solved) problem on your receivers.  However, its very difficult to understand from a technical point of view how the problem was fixed with a software update if it wasn't a software problem that affected everybody.   

Maybe somebody from Sony can actually provide a definitive answer as to whether it was a problem that affected everybody or not?

profile.country.GB.title
r9800pro

@expectingtofly1 

Totally agree with you and I really hope to get an answer as well.