Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 Not charging after battery fully draining

tccanon
Visitor

Z5 Not charging after battery fully draining

Hi There, posting this today as last night was the first time my z5 ran out of battery on the new nougat software. Then once I plugged it in to charge, it didnt want to charge.

So what is happening is when you plug the charger in it will show the low battery icon on the screen and the proceed to try and boot in to the screen where it shows you the battery percentage. But only gets as far as the white screen with " Sony Xperia " on it.

Has anyone else had this issue? any solutions? 

EDIT: So after trying 3 chargers and 5 cables, the 6th cable finally got it past the white screen... *Solved*

Also I have tried all troubleshooting methods offered by sony.

13 REPLIES 13
YoGem
Leader

@tccanon try to let it fully recharge it while off then try to turn it on. 

tccanon
Visitor

@YoGem wrote:

@tccanon try to let it fully recharge it while off then try to turn it on. 

Yeah I tried that, had it charging overnight and unfoutunatley that did solve the issue. Thinking_Face

for some extra info it was charging correctly before this happened.

Emir1
Hero

Hi @tccanon, sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

I can see that you wrote it as solved in your edit, do you require further assistance with this? If so, feel free to let me know and I'll gladly troubleshoot with you! 

If resolved, don't be scared to write again should there be anything else which you may be wondering about. Slightly_smiling_Face

tccanon
Visitor

Yeah, once again the phone ran out of battery again today and it is doing the exact same thing.

@Emir wrote:

Hi @tccanon, sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

I can see that you wrote it as solved in your edit, do you require further assistance with this? If so, feel free to let me know and I'll gladly troubleshoot with you! 

If resolved, don't be scared to write again should there be anything else which you may be wondering about. Slightly_smiling_Face

Emir1
Hero

That does sound strange, but just to make sure I understand the situation - it still gets stuck at the "Sony Xperia" logo?

After your battery completely discharges, it is normal that it may take up to 30 minutes before it reacts to charging, and during that time the display and notification lights may be turned off. However, that is not what you're experiencing right?

Does the previous solution get the device running? What happens if you remove both SIM- and SD cards from the device?

Z5wasPREMIUM
Visitor

Dear all,

I have actually had the same issue too and actually the battery life in general is very disappointing respect to previous predictions.

When this happens to me (stuck at 0%) the phone does not give any signs of life for sometimes hours / days.

Not impressed by the Z5 "wanna be" Premium

Nidzo
Visitor

Imao sam slican problem, pao je napon na bateriji.. Resenje sam pronasao koriscenjm kratkog usb kabla debljeg preseka

I had a similar problem, the voltage on the battery dropped. I found the solution by using a short usb cable of a thicker cross section

GT

Emir1
Hero

Does it always occur once the device fully discharged (0%)? If it also happens without a SIM or SD card inserted, then the next step would be to try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion, in order to see if it is software related.

If it still persists, I am sorry to say that it would be best to let a technician at an authorized service center examine the device for you. In order to have your device sent in, I recommend getting in touch with your Local support, as they are well informed when it comes to local service routines, consumer laws and warranty terms. Slightly_frowning_Face

Erikab
Visitor

I am having trouble getting my z5 to charge I pluged it in light whent on and then just off its not charging or coming on what should I do I tried different chargers but nothing happens and all the chargers are working