Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3C issue after transferring apps to SD card

SOLVED
Teevie
Visitor

Xperia Z3C issue after transferring apps to SD card

Hi guys, hoping you can give me a little help here.

I updated my Xperia Z3C to Lollipop the other day, which has been fine so far, but last night I moved a few apps over to my SD card to free up some of the internal memory in my phone (not using any third party app to do this).

It seems as though something has gone wrong, as my phone restarted itself while one of the apps was transferring and now ALL of them are showing up as a blueprint icon with a little red SD card in the corner, and when you click it it says 'Application not found'. I assume this means the app data on the SD card is corrupt. As I have photos and music on my SD which still work I don't really want to format it, but not sure what to delete to make these icons disappear from my app menu!

I'm not bothered about re-installing the apps, that's not a problem for me at all , but the main issue is opening the app menu and the first page and a half being nothing but these 'app not found' icons! I've attached an image. As they don't show up in the Apps list in settings anymore I can't get rid of them!

Thanks for your time guys, hoping someone can advise!

EDIT: Have just tried removing the SD card and restarting my phone, but these blueprint icons are still showing which is very worrying!

Screenshot_2015-04-17-08-15-28.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

You may also want to try to reset the home screen from Settings -> Apps -> All -> Xperia Home -> Clear data -> OK but please note that this will reset your home screen to default settings (widgets, shortcuts).

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Rickard
Master

Hi and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you have issues moving your apps.

What if you tap the 3 lines and then select uninstall, are you able to remove them then?

If not, gp to Settings -> Xperia Connectivity -> USB Connectivity -> USB connection mode -> MSC, connect it to a computer and delete the folder called ".android_secure" and see if that helps.

Rickard
Master

You may also want to try to reset the home screen from Settings -> Apps -> All -> Xperia Home -> Clear data -> OK but please note that this will reset your home screen to default settings (widgets, shortcuts).

Prabhat_007
Visitor

HI,

I am using Xperia ZL which i upgraded to lollipop recently. Even I am also having the same issue. Recently i transferred one app from my internal memory to my SD card. After that I am seeing a blue icon with a small red sd card on it on the top right corner. When i tap on it , it says application not found. Also i m not able to remove the icon from my phone.

Please help here.

Thanks,

Prabhat

YoGem
Leader

My best guess is that the memory card got corrupted while you was moving the apps from the phone to the Memory Card. Mind, not all apps can be moved to the memory card. In my own experience all you can do to resolve the problem is either uninstalling the apps, format the SD card/replace the SD card or if system apps are involved, which I think it's not possible to move, a factory reset may help to fix the issue.. Or repairing the device with the Sony Companion app.
YoGem
Leader

Regarding the blueprint icons after removing the SD: that's normal. Not all the app are convenient to move as part of it remain inside the device storage and just part of it get moved to the SD card, in fact that's the exact reason why also removing the SD card you still see the blueprint icons.

Why some apps are not convenient to be moved? Because some apps, for example, of 10mb of size will be splitted in two parts, one of 8mb in the device storage and one of 4mb in the SD card so the size will increase instead of decrease, and you'll save just 2mb of internal storage and lose 4 of SD space..

Is it really convenient moving apps to the SD card? No, not really. SD card after long time usage are prone to failure, they are not created to run applications for long time and if a SD card stop to work, you'll have to reinstall all the apps.
SergioPL1
Contributor

I would suggest to copy all pictures to computer and reformat SD card. Just to be sure it won't fail on important images or apps when you'll need them most.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Someone else is having a similar issue:

/t5/Xperia-Z2/Z2-Deletes-SD-Card-Content-after-Reboot-HELP/m-p/1000122

alexdon
ahamed1
Visitor

I also recently upgraded my z2 to lollipop 5.0.2,after the update I've been experiencing same problem,the apps which is moved to sd card,it works fine until I restart it,after restarting it shows a blue print icon with red sd card symbol above it.will it be fixed by any options or will it be corrected in next update 5.1.1 lollipop,please help sony
chrishassony
Visitor

I also have this problem on xperia tablet z2. If I install the app from the market it seems to work okay but the problem is I can't rmemeber what they all are. Anyone know a way to find out?