Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3C issue after transferring apps to SD card

SOLVED
Teevie
Visitor

Xperia Z3C issue after transferring apps to SD card

Hi guys, hoping you can give me a little help here.

I updated my Xperia Z3C to Lollipop the other day, which has been fine so far, but last night I moved a few apps over to my SD card to free up some of the internal memory in my phone (not using any third party app to do this).

It seems as though something has gone wrong, as my phone restarted itself while one of the apps was transferring and now ALL of them are showing up as a blueprint icon with a little red SD card in the corner, and when you click it it says 'Application not found'. I assume this means the app data on the SD card is corrupt. As I have photos and music on my SD which still work I don't really want to format it, but not sure what to delete to make these icons disappear from my app menu!

I'm not bothered about re-installing the apps, that's not a problem for me at all , but the main issue is opening the app menu and the first page and a half being nothing but these 'app not found' icons! I've attached an image. As they don't show up in the Apps list in settings anymore I can't get rid of them!

Thanks for your time guys, hoping someone can advise!

EDIT: Have just tried removing the SD card and restarting my phone, but these blueprint icons are still showing which is very worrying!

Screenshot_2015-04-17-08-15-28.png

41 REPLIES 41
Lianne
Visitor

Thank you for your answer. So how do I solve this?

EDIT: I'm a total noob when it comes to this, also on how forums work. Didn't even realize I posted my question in response to an existing question. 

For me it's not just the apps on the home screen but also in the full list, so I don't think resetting my home screen will solve it. Any other solutions?

EDIT2: figured out that I didn't post it as a reply but a moderator moved my post to this thread. 

Rickard
Master

@Li--

The folder that contains the files missing can't be accessed using a file manager in the phone i'm afraid. To copy the missing folder and files you need to use a computer and a card reader.
The folder you need to copy is ".android_secure".

Lianne
Visitor

Thank you! It worked Grinning_Face_with_smiling_Eyes

Relatively simple solution for a relatively simple problem, you just need to know how to do it.

Rickard
Master

Glad to hear that it worked Slightly_smiling_Face

ModsX
Visitor

I have a Z3 compact and against my better judgement I caved in to the annoying notification on my screen that wouldn't go away stating "update available"
I LOVED THIS PHONE up until that day, the PERFECT PHONE was ruined.
Now I lose photos/videos constantly & randomly. Works ok for a while when stored internally but in SD storage it's very unpredictable. I was recently at an event with a comedian I like. Managed to get backstage after the show and take a couple photos with him. I was able to access the photos all night showing friends, 2 days later the pic is gone and it didn't upload to my Dropbox either aargh!.. So annoying. The best that Sony staff suggested was a backup and restore. That did nothing.
Now what?
Ain
Visitor

Thanks Rickard...my problem solved with ur suggestion...
fierywise
Visitor

@Rickard copy the folder ".android_secure" from mSD cardand paste to phone??
Rickard
Master

@ModsX

I'm sorry to hear that.

I recommend that you first make sure that your SD card is inserted properly in the phone.

If that's not the cause i recommend that you test your SD card using a PC and a test software like h2testw to make sure it's not an issue with the card.

If the card works fine i recommend that you contact your Local support for assistance with having the phone checked.

@fierywise

If you have apps moved to the SD card and want to replace the SD card you need to copy the folder ".android_secure" from the old SD card to the new SD card using a computer. In Windows you can just copy/paste it.

dollface7384
Visitor

Someone please help, I have the z3 compact and my girlfriend has the regular z3.. Ever since the lollipop update if you use the stock Sony launcher when you go into the app drawer before any of your apps are listed that default icon for an uninstalled app is there about a hundred times and when I click one it says application not found.... this makes it unusable as I have to scroll through three pages of that before I get to any of my app icons. When my girlfriend restarts her phone after a few minutes her loads and those go away but it won't on mine.... please I need help
Tags (2)
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Xperia Home -> Clear data and restart your phone. (This will reset your homescreens and will remove any widgets or shortcuts on them)