Join now - be part of our community!

phone app in Android 7 is not designed for dual sim, just works ish on duals

Moh3n_n
Visitor

phone app in Android 7 is not designed for dual sim, just works ish on duals

I wonder why a company like sony do these kind of shortcuts in making app? i have z5 premium dual and After android 7 update the phone app is changed and even unlike the previous version its not designed for dual sim phones, you clearly would notice this after first 5 sec, there's not 2 button for sim 1 &2 only a dial button which will pop up a laggy screen that you then choose which sim u want to call, how could they make a meeting and say ok its acceptable for phone app? I really need this fixed 😑
Tags (1)
26 REPLIES 26
fareesAssaf
Visitor

There is a lagging in call log after updating to 7 .

Gmonie
Visitor

Just downloaded 32.3.A.2.33 

I have the dual sim version. Once going to 7.0 you no longer have the option to pick which SIM you use to place the phone call. The option is no longer present (SMS it is present). I just got down with tech support giving me a canned answer that "sometime features are taken away due to marketing choices and/or developer choices and we thank you for your feedback!

That is completely and utter BS - anyone know how to reflash to the older version?? I just  paid extra (dual) for a non-functioning feature!

Gmonie
Visitor

I so wish I read the forums before updating.... I wouldn't have upgraded. I use my phone for work/personal (dual version) and now it has made my phone worthless. Phone app does not have an option for dual SIM choice. Even when picking up random "dual sim" apps on the play store.... they don't work. This is utter garbage by Sony. 

Hoardseeker
Visitor

Try this:

Open dialer

Go to Settings

Select calling accounts

Select "make calls with" and set it to "ask first"

Gmonie
Visitor

Thanks Hoardseeker - that does work...  it is not ideal... but it at least gets me going!

Sony support told me (in summary a canned answer) "sometimes developers remove options based upon marketing choices, thank you for your input we appreciate it."

sic4
Visitor

I am very disappointed from updating to 7. The phone app is rubbish. Even the buttons and the rest of the design are worst.

I think the reason for the call log lag, is the new way those avatars from a contact's initials are created. They have transparency which is somewhat "heavy" to render, and when your phone has to calculate and render the transparency for all those avatars that exist on a big list, its lagging.

Nitin_Saxena
Visitor

Just to add a bit of info. 

This issue is not a phone specific its an app specific issue. 

I tested almost 6 Sony phones with this new dialer and they all lags once the call history become large. 

Sony actually do not want to change or update the app even after so many updates in different models because that incurs an extra cost to them but that actually forgot that this bug is actually making people losing hope in Sony motto make and believe. 

According to me Sony is losing the loyalty of their important customer by removing the most useful and important features from the devices. 

Not listening to the voice of customer will impact the company.