Join now - be part of our community!

phone app in Android 7 is not designed for dual sim, just works ish on duals

Moh3n_n
Visitor

phone app in Android 7 is not designed for dual sim, just works ish on duals

I wonder why a company like sony do these kind of shortcuts in making app? i have z5 premium dual and After android 7 update the phone app is changed and even unlike the previous version its not designed for dual sim phones, you clearly would notice this after first 5 sec, there's not 2 button for sim 1 &2 only a dial button which will pop up a laggy screen that you then choose which sim u want to call, how could they make a meeting and say ok its acceptable for phone app? I really need this fixed 😑
Tags (1)
26 REPLIES 26
Moh3n_n
Visitor

I will
Moh3n_n
Visitor

@CameronT yes i did updated from setting of phone
ahk40a
Visitor

Model: E6633

Android Version: 7.0

Build Number: 32.3.A.0.372

SIM 1 & SIM 2 feature is missing.

Searching contacts give me wrong numbers. By typing the name of the contact, gives me several contact number under the searched name but for a different contact.

Update was OTA.

Karim
Contributor

OK so I'm seriously considering downgrading to Marshmallow... How on earth does a flagship device ( used to be ) has so much issue with the most important app on a mobile device like the PHONE APPLICATION ? 

I just updated to built 376 hoping things will get better and bugs will be solved however the phone application is just rubish :

1- very slow interface, scrolling is a pain and laggy

2- Contact pictures take a while to load and sometimes they don't

3- I can no longer type part of a number I already dialed and see it in the hisotry drop list ( very useful basic feature in Marshmallow)

4- I STILL CANNOT PICK WHICH SIM TO USE WHEN DIALING A NUMBER... seriously it's a dual SIM phone.

Come on Sony what's going on in your R&D department ? 

And yes I used Xperia companion to update my device.... I really don't feel like hard resetting as I'm pretty sure things will remain the same. 

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

if you are not open to a reset and most probably a software repair via Xperia Companion, I suggest you take your device to a local service center to be checked. http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Karim
Contributor

I'm more than open to reset a phone if I'm the only one experiencing such issues. 

Mind you I'm a computer engineer and I've worked in R&D departments for multinational companies ever since I graduated. Formating a PC if there is an issue or hard resetting a phone isn't a " SOLUTION" 

You can google dialer lag and you'll see dozens of thread abou this issue and how people were so open that they wasted hours backing up / restoring their devices and the problem persists. 

And no it's not a hardware issue to take it to a Sony local service center. If someone knows what's causing the scrolling lag in the call history, please share your thoughts. 

Karim
Contributor

This is an example... people flashed their device ( clean installation ) and they still have the same issue, not to mention the messed up dialer functionality I already mentioned....

bug

smitrovic
Visitor

So the dialer app is having wierd problem, I have contact with multiple phone numbers.

Like Mobile, Home and Work in one contact.

When I try to search contact using dialer I only get one random phone number of that contact, before I saw all 3 of them, now just one. Why this has been removed. I start calling people on wrong phone numbers because of this change.

Kind a slowing me down going to contact -> searching people -> going to details and click on number I want to call.

Is there any solution for this, or I need to wait future update. Or any good app out there that I could download and use it?

gk59
Visitor

Hi, 

Since upgrading to android version 7.0 the sim card app is not working when the two sims are available. It does however work when its only one sim card is available.

Whats the issue here.

Regards,

Ani_mdual
Visitor

Any update for the problem.... It's really frustrating.