Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot Delete Files From External SD Card

SOLVED
decruze
Visitor

Cannot Delete Files From External SD Card

Hi guys, after updating to 4.4, i tried moving a movie into my external SD Card, and I tried to delete it after that.

However, when i use ES File Explorer and try to delete it, it shows that it was successfully deleted but then it reappears again.

I tried connecting my phone to the PC but the file was not visible. It showed that 12GB of my SD Card was eaten up. (The movie was 12GB).

Can anyone advice me on what to do?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
decruze
Visitor

Please close this thread.

I read online that as of 4.4, the external SD Cards can only be read/written by 1st party apps, so I used the Movies app and deleted it.

Guys, reconsider before updating to 4.4.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
decruze
Visitor

I read online that as of 4.4, the external SD Cards can only be read/written by 1st party apps, so I used the Movies app and deleted it.

grg
Visitor

@decruze wrote:

thnx, for the info man!!!

tommo123
Visitor

sd fix on app store (needs root) restores this function

Pratibhu
Visitor

The solution for this being, Xperia Z range comes with a File Manager named "File Commander". Use that to read/write the external SD or USB OTG if you have. I faced the same problem and contacted Xperia Customer Care, where they suggested this method.

Hope this helps. Slightly_smiling_Face

DomNoble
Visitor

This is realy a big problem, for instance as the phones internal memory is limited, transfering data from other devices with memory over the size of internal memory, like using xperia transfer even though this would be possible with extra mircoSD is no longer possible because of the settings, forcing anyone who wants to regain this function to have to root the phone, please fix this poblem 

Kiran44
Visitor

I don't delete data from sd card
Kiranuh
Visitor

When deleting files or documents it shows need permissions or choose the root directory of your storage to grants permission to operate