Join now - be part of our community!

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Razorig2
Visitor

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Since Marshmallow has replaced Stamina mode, can you selectively choose which apps you want to keep running in the background when the screen is off or does doze just disable all background running apps whilst in idle?

I would really like to know this as I only like getting selected app notifications when the screen is off.
Does doze give you the same amount of freedom to selectively choose which apps to keep running in the background?

I'm still waiting for MM but from what I heard there's quite a few problems with it, anyone who has it, any improvements to the camera performance or is it still poor?
279 REPLIES 279
Vezo69
Visitor

New update is rubbish, get stamina mode back
palnitro
Visitor

@alexdon I am not sure that Battery Saving mode is a replacement for UltraStamina. We have it in Lollypop too.

Also I prefer the fyll control of Stamina Mode versus Doze and AppSB. Meaning that when my screen is off, all the data movement is off, not google deciding for me.
mguw
Visitor

SONY,  Keep your customers satisfied and bring back Stamina very soon or you will loose many of them... 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@palnitro I didn't say that it is a replacement, just gave you the location of the battery saver beside the default doze.

alexdon
Razorig2
Visitor

Will Sony ever listen and implement the consumer advice of bringing back Stamina mode and fixing the awful camera performance?
tomo100brt
Visitor

Just now I have 2 day battery life. On firmware 32.0.A.6.200 I got barely one day. Stamina did not helped. Now I don't miss Stamina, only Ultra Stamina when battry is 20% and below that.

haveagoodtime
Visitor

All of power-saving options in Battery usage (Power management) were missing.

What happened?

Android 6.0

Build number 32.1.A.1.163

Botqta
Visitor

Stamina Mode was the best! It really saved a lot of battery life and once I switch off the display I'm not bothered by anything but phone calls and SMS.

Now with Doze the phone is non-stop beeping. And in order to activate the Doze the phone must stay still on a flat surface for like half an hour. And after that if you take the phone to your pocket or to the other room the Doze mode is deactivated. This means that you DO NOT have any battery saver. It's a MOBILE PHONE, it is not ment to stay still on the table, it NEVER stays still on the table, that means Doze is working only night time...

I want Stamina Mode back!!!

whyhaveone
Visitor

My phone life has gone from two days to one, one and a bit. Not happy!

Sony please listen and bring back stamina mode.

Ram786
Visitor

please Sony developers bring Stamina mode, Low profile battery mode, etc