Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

Dead pixels on the screen.

GELÖST
dementij
Besucher

Dead pixels on the screen.

After 4 months of using the phone, broken pixels appeared at the bottom of the screen. I would like to know how many dead pixels are a warranty case? Thanks for the help.sketch-1571477594942.png

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @dementij, sorry to hear about this.

Is the pixel still visible in the display test available in the support app? To find the display test, find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia Tests > Display. Regarding whether it is a warranty case or not, I believe that this question is best answered by your local support team, this due to the fact that this is a global support forum and that warranty terms varies a bit depending on where you are situated.

I hope that helped a little bit!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 ANTWORTEN 8
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I have exactly the same on the lower left corner.

Maybe it is caused by the construction of the phone.

Anyway, I'm not worried about it.

DSC_0106.JPG

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @dementij, sorry to hear about this.

Is the pixel still visible in the display test available in the support app? To find the display test, find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia Tests > Display. Regarding whether it is a warranty case or not, I believe that this question is best answered by your local support team, this due to the fact that this is a global support forum and that warranty terms varies a bit depending on where you are situated.

I hope that helped a little bit!

dementij
Besucher

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I checked the phone through the service menu. Unfortunately, broken pixels are always present on the screen. There are more than 20 of them on the screen. I contacted customer support. Waiting for their reply.sketch-1572521300780.png

Martin1
Enthusiast

That sounds like a good idea, @dementij.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Slightly_smiling_Face

dementij
Besucher

The support service replied that there can be no more than 2 defective pixels on the screen. I handed over the phone under warranty to an authorized service. Thank.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you for the update on the case, @dementij!

I hope everything goes smoothly at the service center and if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to return to me! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hey @dementij 

Hope your device comes back repaired.

As I mentioned in my post, I have the same type of dead pixels on the bottom of the screen.

Just uploaded the wrong picture.

If you scroll up you will see the photo with the same kind of spot you have.

I leave it as it is. It doesn't bother me.

XZ3user
Besucher

Hello all, 

same problem with my XZ3.

It was first only on one side, now I already have it on both sides.

I tried the xperia dispaly test --> during the test you can also see these dead pixels.

Heres a picture and also a picture of the area with magnification (with a microscope) --> you can clearly see that there is no light coming from the pixels.

I've contacted the sony support and I'm currently waiting for their feedback.1.pngA103 - 20200108_111949.jpg