Join now - be part of our community!

Remove Camera Shortcut from Lock screen - Android 9 (Pie)

TheMan3000
Visitor

Remove Camera Shortcut from Lock screen - Android 9 (Pie)

as per title.. how do you remove the camera shortcut from the locks screen?

Ive looked through all the settings and im sure there was a option in lock screen settings but it doesnt seem to be there any more?

or was it in the camera settings (quick settings)? but that option is not there any more?

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@TheMan3000I've requested some more info about that.

Tizer
Contributor

@TheMan3000, In Oreo the setting is in Camera Settings - Quick Launch and there are 4 options, one of which is to disable it.

If the option to disable it is not in Pie then I hope it is a mistake that will be rectified soon. If it is intended behaviour then it is a really stupid decision.

The whole point of having a lock on a phone is to prevent someone else from doing something malicious, illegal or immoral with it, whether out of badness or just for a laugh. 

This should apply to the Camera as well.

Martin20
Visitor

yeah that setting is definately not in camera settings.

can anyone else who has pie confirm?

im using swiss region firmware. could that be the issue? i know it was there before

Tizer
Contributor

@Martin20, It may be intended behaviour either by Sony or Google because I believe that the xz2c came out like that as well.

An unbelievably stupid decision.

Martin20
Visitor

righto,

it would be good if someone else can confirm it on their xz1 compact

Martin20
Visitor

Hello sony

Can you please bring back the option to disable the camera shortcut on the lock screen for Android pie. 

I have xperia XZ1 compact and the option was there in the camera app in oreo

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

The ability to remove the camera icon from the lock screen has been removed in Android Pie. In Android Oreo it was possible to remove it by turning off quick launch in the camera application, but this will not remove the icon in Android Pie.

I can see that some of you are not very pleased with this change, so I will forward the feedback internally, but I can't promise that there will be a change.

I hope this answers why you aren't able to turn it off at least!

georgey1
Visitor

You are so right I am not pleased. This is staggeringly stupid. Who did it hurt that I was able to remove the shortcuts from the lock screen? Who benefits from removing that option? Why? Just why?! 

georgey1
Visitor

Yes please. I want this too. I will happily change to any phone manufacturer who brings this option back.