Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard question

Not applicable

Keyboard question

Sorry yet another question...i was just wondering i thought you could turn the keyboard sideways so that the letters are bigger but everytime i turn my phone sideways while composing a message nothing happens...do i have to have certain settings etc.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Which way are you turning sideways? If you turn it so that the left side of the phone (when the screen is facing you) is on the bottom, then after about a second, you should see the screen blur slightly and then it will switch so that the keyboard is taking up the majority of the screen. What are you trying to do (i.e. send a text, search, etc.) when you have tried this? Anyway, this has worked just fine for me so......maybe you are just turning it to the wrong side? I have tried turning it the other way to see if it works and it doesn't, only in this one direction. Hope this helps!

Not applicable

Hi

I have tried what you have suggested and nothing has happened...i am trying to do it when i am trying to send a text, i go into compose message and you have the small keyboard at the bottom but when i turn it nothing happens!!!

Not applicable

Weird.....

Are you using a SMS app or just the regular one that came with the X10? Everytime I have attempted to rotate the screen it works.

Check under Settings>Sound and Display>Orientation. Is there a checkmark next to it? If so, the screen should rotate automatically for you. If not.....check it. Dizzy_Face

Maybe this helped?

Not applicable

Thank you...its done it, i had to check the box lol...i have always had sony ericsson's but this one is slightly confusing me!!

Not applicable

Glad to have helped. That's what these boards are for after all, right? Ask as many questions as you want and someone should be able to help.