Join now - be part of our community!

Phone can still connect to Internet via 3G network even without any settings

Not applicable

Phone can still connect to Internet via 3G network even without any settings

Hi! I'm using Aino and C905.

In my country the data plan for 3G internet connection is still quite expensive, thus during early time of C905, I created a dummy internet connection "Data Account" to prevent the phone to automatically connect to the net

However I found that since last year, after I updated the firmware of C905 to the latest, the phone now has the ability to "auto switch to try connecting to the internet using 3G settings from the SIM card", when the phone is unable to connect using the dummy account which I set as default, under Internet Settings and Streaming Settings

The reason I said "using 3G settings from the SIM card", is that I had even tried to delete every data account from the phone (the list is empty when opening the Internet Settings or Streaming Settings under the Settings > Connectivity). After this I tried to goto Google mobile, and 'amazingly' the phone successfully connected to the net even without any settings!

Thus the only reason I could think of is that the phone uses settings from the SIM card.

This has been the cause that my phone secretly updates my web feeds and resulted in unnecessary high internet cost

Can anyone confirm this finding? (that phone now uses the internet 3G settings from SIM card)

2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

thats what the SE Customer Care suggested. However I need the 3G for video calls with my kids

Anyway I'm really interested to know is it really from the SIM card which the phones get the connection settings (3G internet)