Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet Z 4.3 shutdown

SOLVED
MikeViller
Visitor

Tablet Z 4.3 shutdown

One thing that need to be look at is the shutdown taking a very long time... at first I thought the tab was frozen but after at least one minute the tab shut down.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
takrzem

Yep, the latest update has fixed this issue. This thread should be marked as resolved.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Vic79
Visitor

Hi, Mike. I have same "problem" !!!

May be Factory RESET can help.  

Peterhuynh453
Visitor

Factory reset doesn't fix the problem.

TimG64
Visitor

doing a software repair doesn't work either
shahsana
Visitor

i do have the same problem it takes exctly one minute to shut down does anyone have a solution to fix that problem? my tablet does also freeze for a few second it happens everyday how to get back to the previous android version?

tiptie
Visitor

I put this problem squarely in the lap of Sony.  As all computers have to shutdown all of the running services before a shutdown, the quantity of services is the big factor.  Also, there is a system app that handles all of this that we cannot see in Android.  I have ASUS and Nexus tablets running 4.3 and they shutdown in a normal time.

Sony has probably messed up this latest update with a combination of bloatware and the shutdown app.  It is like a stampede of people all rushing out the single exit and getting jammed up!

This latest update is very sloppy on Sony's part.

Prasadm1
Visitor

Before we all jump at Sony for the delay in shutdown, it maybe helpful understanding the Android shutdown mechanism. The shutdown is an Android operating system call.

However, you can provide delays in the shutdown process to allow your apps to be shutdown properly and your SD card to be unmounted safely before powerdown. But you can also do a quick force shutdown. ( this is very similar to Linux). So if you do force shutdown (which will obviously shutdown very quick) often, then likelyhood of filesystem corruptions is higher. If you allow the running apps to "gracefully" shutdown and then safely unmount the SD card, it might take longer time to shutdown, but safer for the filesystem.

I am not saying the long delay now is okay, but I would rather leave it to the Sony developers to determine the appropriate delay. Considering that shutdown is not something done very frequently, I would rather have a delayed shutdown rather than a corrupted filesystem.

btw, I thought comparatively Sony has fewer "Bloatware" compared to other manufacturers - except Google that is..

tiptie
Visitor

I fully understand the system and that the shutdown is Android.  HOWEVER,  I have other tablets running 4.3.  Without exception,  they all shutdown very quickly.  In otherwords, they all have to shut down all running apps in a smooth and orderly fashion.  This tablet is awash with Sony Ericsson apps.  Also, the Sd card is unmounted early on the process.

So, what is the other differences between Asus and Samsungs and Googles own tablets?  The only differnce is the Sony tinkering.

doubled
Visitor

Has anyone experience this, my tablet freeze while shutting down. I have to hold the power and upper volume button to restart and then it shutsdown fine after. This started happening after upgrade to android 4.3. 

giordanoluna
Visitor

Hi. I have the same problem. My tablet takes 1 minute or more to shooting down. My wife's tablet (the same) works fine. Anybody have and explanation or solution??. Thanks