Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet Z 4.3 shutdown

SOLVED
MikeViller
Visitor

Tablet Z 4.3 shutdown

One thing that need to be look at is the shutdown taking a very long time... at first I thought the tab was frozen but after at least one minute the tab shut down.....

23 REPLIES 23
Alexander1
Champion

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product(s):
IMEI nr/IDD:
Build number:

fabignoli
Visitor

Hello,
Sorry for my emglish. It is poor i'm afraid
Same problem 1 or 2 mn to halt thé tablet.
Never hapenned with thé previous version of Android. I've thé update one week ago, Android 4.3. Since then, It takes long time to stop thé tablet. It seems like if à process can't be terminated.
Regards
Frederic
takrzem

Same here (SGP312) , post 4.3 update it takes a good minute or two for shutdown to be finished. It does finish though, no reset needed.

For the avoidance of doubt: it takes 5 seconds tops to do the same on my XPERIA Z handset.

SONY, Please investigate the source of the issue and provide a fix.

Roscohartwig
Visitor

@Alexander Could we all PM the same info? Maybe it will fix all our problems...
Davious_Maximus
Visitor

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem since the latest Firmware 4.3 update.
My tablet is hanging way too much on shutdown, and same on my girlfriend's tablet... a minute or so...
It was totally like it had frozen during shutdown process...
Very concerned! Please fix Sony! Please...
Cheers Davious

shahsana
Visitor

Is therena solution my tablet worked fine before that update i dont know what to do to get it back the way it was is there someone who has an idea on how to get back to the previous version of android? Is it a good idea and is it possible? What should i do? I bought my xperia tablet z in october and frankly its sad that just an update made it that way it takes exactly one minute to shut down before it took just a few seconds it also freeze so much and so muck blinking i dont know how to say it but when i use the keyboard it starts blinking most of the time.
SonOfaBeach
Visitor

According to the update page an updated 4.3 was released today so I'm hoping this resolves it, I haven't tried it yet as PC Companion says I have the latest version (UK).

Anybody had any joy with this update?

Rickard
Master

I just got news that this will be solved in an upcoming software update.

profile.country.BE.title
ongelooflijk
Explorer

Hope it won't take too long anymore to solve this very annoying bug.

Travel by plane couple times a week and have to shut it down many times ....

Releasing new models is getting almost faster than resolving issues in existing models , what a world .

Davem
Visitor

10.4.1.B.0.109 update seems to have fixed the shutdown delay on my SGP312.