Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia tablet z SGP311

SOLVED
allscrewedup
Visitor

Sony xperia tablet z SGP311

Hi Johan

Alexdon suggested I mail one of the staff in an effort to resolve a problem I have encountered.

Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP311. Android 4.2.2, Build no 10.31.C.0.136,   using Gmail 4.3.1

Posts made on support forum for tablet Z/Z1, posts made by "allscrewedup",  advice given by

moderator Alexdon + 1 other user have so far not resolved the situation.

May I refer you to the posts for further information, and this will give you the position thus far.

Can you offer any advice please??

Regards

allscrewedup

18 REPLIES 18
allscrewedup
Visitor

There has been no updates to the best of my knowledge since purchase. My wife certainly

wouldn`t have a clue how to do it, have to admit I am starting to struggle a little.

Give me a "normal" computer any day.

allscrewedup

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It is strange because I have tried on Z1 gmail and I can empty the bin folder.Would you try to uninstall updates for gmail?

alexdon
Prasadm1
Visitor

Have you tried settings , apps, gmail ? There you can see the version of gmail, and can delete cache, and delete data.  

If none of this works, then you can login to googlemail on web snd empty trash that way. Sorry, I am running out of options with gmail app, unless someone else comes up with a better idea. (meaning short of wiping the tablet, hope you wont have to do that)..I have version 4.8 of gmail, and has never come across this scenario..

allscrewedup
Visitor

Good morning Prasadm and Alexdon

This tablet is using Gmail version 4.3.1

I have tried for an hour again this morning and have got nowhere.

I have found in Google Help/Gmail To delete a message click the BIN and move message to the Trash folder (we know how to

do that) It goes on to say "after 30 days in the Trash folder, the message will be permanently deleted"

Again under Gmail Settings and "Buttons in your Gmail" It tells me to hover over the label list on left under COMPOSE button

click MORE, select TRASH click delete forever, click empty trash on the link above messages.

(me)  to enter the COMPOSE mode....I have to select the small envelope+ icon at top centre, this will take me to the Compose

mail page.............hovering over or tapping COMPOSE    DOES NOT produce a drop down menu as suggested so there is no

way I can enter the Trash emptying options.

Tapping the Compose button takes the page back to the previously selected page/i.e. inbox etc.

It just seems crazy to me that there is no apparent way of deleting this stuff.........other than leaving it for 30 days

to fester in the trash can ???? Makes no sense to me.

allscrewed up

incidentally your efforts in trying to help really ARE appreciated.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You should contact a staff member,see what he suggests:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Community-users/m-p/634967

alexdon
allscrewedup
Visitor

Hi Alexdon

Thanks for the info, I`ll give one of them a try and see where it takes us !

I will come back to the forum for others if there is an outcome.

Thanks again

allscrewedup

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Sure,keep us updated.

alexdon

Can you empty the bin when logging into Gmail on a computer? Emails that have been deleted (and gone to the bin) should be automatically deleted after 30 days.

allscrewedup
Visitor

Hi jw02179

You are a genius !!!

I would not have thought to log into gmail from this computer, I did as you suggested,being a stranger to

gmail and once I navigated my way round it..........

I was able to delete ALL residual mail in the trash can with ease and as had previously suggested via this forum.

Various avenues to delete mail are all on the main computer, but not on the tablet (so why the difference)??

I cannot answer that one......but problem fully resolved!

Thanks guys for your time and patience, appreciated.

regards

allscrewedup