Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia tablet z SGP311

SOLVED
allscrewedup
Visitor

Sony xperia tablet z SGP311

Hi Johan

Alexdon suggested I mail one of the staff in an effort to resolve a problem I have encountered.

Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP311. Android 4.2.2, Build no 10.31.C.0.136,   using Gmail 4.3.1

Posts made on support forum for tablet Z/Z1, posts made by "allscrewedup",  advice given by

moderator Alexdon + 1 other user have so far not resolved the situation.

May I refer you to the posts for further information, and this will give you the position thus far.

Can you offer any advice please??

Regards

allscrewedup

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can you empty the bin when logging into Gmail on a computer? Emails that have been deleted (and gone to the bin) should be automatically deleted after 30 days.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
allscrewedup
Visitor

Hi guys

Purchased an Experia tablet Z SGP311 for the wife at Christmas....she loves it, however the other day came to

me with the question: "How do I empty the Bin after deleting emails"

I thought it would be simple....cannot find out how to do it and the manual is of no help either.

Can someone tell how to empty the "trash can" in Google mail please??

allscrewedup

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Simply go to Bin,tap on the 3 dots in the right corner,empy trash.

alexdon
allscrewedup
Visitor

Thank you Alexdon for the reply, sadly that did not work though.

If I tap the three dots top right   it gives me a drop down menu with : settings, send feedback or help.

None of these will provide a solution. I can shift the trash to the spam folder and back but not to delete

or empty the bin totally. The system is standard Gmail with Android 4+  if that means anything to you.

On the plus side.....I am slowly becoming Android conversant

Regards

allscrewedup

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

How about if you drag from left to right and select all mail.After that,delete one of the emails and try my suggestion again.

You could also try settings-apps-all-gmail,force stop and clear data.

alexdon
allscrewedup
Visitor

Good morning

I have just spent the last 2 hours trying to fathom this one out.

It sems to make no difference whatever the settings, either in gmail, or in google settings.

I have 14 mails stuck in the BIN with seemingly no way to delete them.

I can move from BIN back to INBOX, and then delete by selecting bin or by right swipe....of

course it goes back into the BIN (catch 22 situation).

This is becoming very frustrating.  Are the mails "archived" and therefore unable to be deleted ??

Simple answer to this is I dont know.....if the answer is yes then so far I have not found a way to

"un archive" them.

Your patience is appreciated, I`m sure there is an answer somewhere.

Regards

allscrewedup

Prasadm1
Visitor

Hi,

This seems a bit strange.. Ok, please click on the bin folder but do not select any mails in the bin. Then try the 3 dots on the right top corner. Do you then get the options empty trash, and refresh ? The "Empty trash " should empty the bin. If not could you check the version from settings, about,. ?

allscrewedup
Visitor

Thanks Prasadm for the interest in this one:

Ok taking your mail I have the following information:

Confirmed the device is SGP311

Android 4.2.2

Build No 10.31.C.0.136

Top right on INBOX, I have 3 vertical dots

Ditto            Bin      , ditto

Interestingly all 14 mail are either from Google or Youtube (edvertising mail) with 2 from this Forum.

If I select BIN (no mail selected) tap 3 dots gives me a drop down menu of:

Settings

Send feedback

Help               that is all

If I select ANY mail in the Bin (list on left) and viewing pane on right,

tap 3 dots will give me the drop down menu of:

change labels

mark as unread

mark as important

report spam

report phishing

refresh

settings

feedback

and  help  (no trash, empty trash or anything else)

The downloaded manual I have is for the SGP321/SGP351  (but appears to be exactly right for this model also)

So at the moment I still have 14 mails stuck in the bin with seemingly no way af deleting them other than resetting the whole tablet back to factory settings (which I am loathe to do at this time)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

allscrewedup

kristy19
Visitor

When will be android 4.4.2 on my xperia tablet z???

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

This seems a little strange.You should try to contact a staff member.Was gmail updated lately?

alexdon