Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet S is it going to get Jelly Bean?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mallyowner
New

Sony Tablet S is it going to get Jelly Bean?

I have the original Sony Tablet S, I couldn't find on the web whether it is going to get the Jelly Bean update, so I thought I would ask on here.

It would be upsetting to find out it's not getting the update, as I can only assume that you won't be able to download apps etc that have only been made to work on Jellybean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anubis619
Visitor

in a word no I have been told that it is a hardware issue,so no update and you will watch as more and mor apps become unusable what I am doing is trying to sell my tablet s and get myself one of those very nice nexus seven tablets a new version should be out in july using jelly bean 4.3 I am trying to get some compensation I will give you an email add so you can voice your frustrations at them

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
anubis619
Visitor

in a word no I have been told that it is a hardware issue,so no update and you will watch as more and mor apps become unusable what I am doing is trying to sell my tablet s and get myself one of those very nice nexus seven tablets a new version should be out in july using jelly bean 4.3 I am trying to get some compensation I will give you an email add so you can voice your frustrations at them

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mallyowner,

welcome to the Sony User Comunity Forum..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately anubis619 is correct Sony have no plans to release the Jelly Bean update for the Sony Tablet S apparently because of hardware issues..:smileysad:

mallyowner
New

That is not good news, I'm so annoyed as they weren't a cheap tablet to buy. If you could let me have an email add I would appreciate it, and let me know how you get on.

I can't even put into words how angry I am about this situation with Sony.

bason2010
New

no but condi on xda has just brought out the latest root aio tool that should help so you can put a custom rom but expect sony will remove my reply lol:smileylaugh:

chvince31
Explorer

if that is the case how have the upgraded the same tablet in America earier this year. Have we been sold substandard at a premium rate as usual

profile.country.sv_SE.title
msiwert
New

I'm extremly disappointed on Sony. After just 1,5 years they stopped to support this tablet. It wasn't a cheap tablet and at least I always had problems with this regarding to Wifi dropping all the time. Honestly, I can't even use Music unlimited because a few minutes after the screen go blank it can't connect to Wifi. So expensive tablet and so useless.

No more money to Sony hardware for a long time now.

I meen, why spend big money on products that they so quickly stop to support?

I have also been a buyer for the mobile phones, but exactly the same thin. 18 months after releasing the products and then no more support.

From now on propably Samsung or Nexus when it comes to Android.

profile.country.NL.title
dnaswitcher
Explorer

I stumbled upon a way to get JB 4.1.2 on our Tablet S-es: apparently, over at XDA, a [link removed by moderator due to handset warranty concerns] has been developed.

I haven't yet tried it myself as I'm a bit hesitant about having to root the device. I'll have to read up on the (potential) effects in the security field first but perhaps someone else here might just go and check it out?