Join now - be part of our community!

noise cancelling headphones problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MarkG1234

noise cancelling headphones problems

Hi I bought the official Sony noise cancelling headphones for my xperia z3 tablet compact, and whilst they work great with the screen on, as soon as the screen goes off, they stop working. The setting that controls this has no effect.

I also regularly hear clicking and popping and even weird beeping sounds with the screen off.

Is this a known problem? Will it get fixed in android 5?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

unlock the screen > pull down the notification bar > noise canceling > on and uncheck power save mode. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

unlock the screen > pull down the notification bar > noise canceling > on and uncheck power save mode. 

profile.country.GB.title
MarkG1234

The noise cancelling power setting being broken appears to be fixed in Android 5. However the popping noises aren't.  it's easy to reproduce the problem.  Pushing the power button a few times in succession is usually enough.  Often it just happens naturally when the screen goes off..

Can anyone else reproduce these problems? 

Sony support just offered the default response of factory resetting. Which didn't fix it. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@MarkG 

Were you able to solve the issue?

profile.country.GB.title
MarkG1234

No, it's the same in Android 5.02  I think it's a hardware design issue that Sony are aware of, which is why they have shyed away from the problem.

Sadly it's yet another Sony purchase that never lived up it's it's pre-purchase sales claims.   And Sony are still scratching their heads about why their customers are shopping elsewhere....

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I haven't been able to recreate the issue, which update do you currently have ?