Join now - be part of our community!

can my tablet get blocked if its on a contract?

SOLVED
jonisingt35r
Explorer

can my tablet get blocked if its on a contract?

Hi,

I suspect my tablet is on a mobile contract. If the bil payer does not pay the bill can the network lock the tablet. Or if I quickly get it unlocked would that stop this from happening.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

Are you sure that's the customization number as I can't find it on the list of Z3 Tablets and that number will let me know what firmware or what country firmware is installed

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I think they can only block your access to network . But it would be wise to contact them. Why would you get a tablet from someone from the start if it is in that case?

alexdon
jonisingt35r
Explorer

Incidentii didn't know it was on a contract. I only found out later when the seller let it slip, it's been a nightmare purchase think I've had it with ebay now it's just rife with hooky equipment like these.

Think the majoritary of these are under contract been searching for a while and never found a seller who has a recept.

I can't get any info from the seller on what network it's locked to, it'd defiantly locked to a network just don't know which one,

What do I do get it unlocked and keep my fingers crossed the bill payer keeps on paying, kinda strange you but something under contract then sell it st r alight away, it was sealed when I got it.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Sorry,this is something you don't see every day. Why don't you contact the seller and ask about the network?

alexdon
Thommo
Genius

Well if it is blocked or does get blocked then you are then deemed to be handling stolen property and if it's a contract provided Tablet then the person selling it has also committed theft if they stop paying for the service, emphases on if because it's not theft if you continue to pay

Thommo
Genius

What's the customization number and I maybe able to find out

jonisingt35r
Explorer

Hi, ttomo are you from Sony, what's a customization number? It's not written on the box is have the ime number. The unit is definitely locked to a network it says enter a sim unlock code when you put a sim in it. Seller is not responding.

i wish I had purchased from Sony Slightly_frowning_Face

Is this the customization number, on the box, si 1289-5099.4? 

Thommo
Genius

No we aren't Sony just a member like you - To find your number dial *#*#7378423#*#* then open Service info then Software info then report the Customization version number

jonisingt35r
Explorer

Hi tomorrow, 

1293-7067_r1b, not sure what this is can you explain please 

Thank you 

Thommo
Genius

Are you sure that's the customization number as I can't find it on the list of Z3 Tablets and that number will let me know what firmware or what country firmware is installed