Join now - be part of our community!

MTP WiFi pair with Windows 8.1?

SOLVED
Dick_W
Visitor

MTP WiFi pair with Windows 8.1?

Has anybody made ths work? Trying to pair my Xperia Tablet Z with my Win 8.1 laptop. Both WiFis are on. Setting in tablet Xperia menu enables MTP. Plug in USB cable. PC host sees tablet and its files just fine but there is never an offer to pair fo allow MTP over WiFi. Seems like this was very straightforward in Win 8.0...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KRidgers
New

"PC Companion works under Win8.1 Update 1. Agreed.

Still can't see any way to pair it for WiFi MTP transfer.

PC Companion never asks about "how to connect".

I have connected with Windows 8.1 Open up PC Companion on the PC without the tablet being connected with the USB cable. How to connect will then show top left of the PC Companion window. If you have the tablet connect to the PC with the USB cable PC Companion thinks you are connected and does not show the How to Connect option.

Hope this Helps

Kevin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Devang
Visitor

I am having the same problem. I think its an issue with win 8.1. After connecting the tablet there is no option to pair it with the tablet

Johan
Master

You need to use PC Companion to setup MTP IP connection (pair).

You can download PC Companion from here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

In PC Companion click "How to connect" and choose Wi-Fi.

Movado
Visitor

The function doesn't work in Windows 8.1
MikeViller
Visitor

Just installed it with windows 8.1 update 1 without problem .. 

Dick_W
Visitor

PC Companion works under Win8.1 Update 1. Agreed.

KRidgers
New

"PC Companion works under Win8.1 Update 1. Agreed.

I have connected with Windows 8.1 Open up PC Companion on the PC without the tablet being connected with the USB cable. How to connect will then show top left of the PC Companion window. If you have the tablet connect to the PC with the USB cable PC Companion thinks you are connected and does not show the How to Connect option.

Hope this Helps

Kevin

Dick_W
Visitor

It does help. Thanks.

When I got to

Pairing
The phone / tablet is being installed. Please wait.

PC Companion went off to never never land for at least a minute but eventually it did report connected and the tablet asked to pair.