Join now - be part of our community!

Appalling customer service

SOLVED
flipside101
Explorer

Appalling customer service

So heres the story

• Pre ordered 32GB Xperia Z2 Tablet and was given a delivery date or the 3rd/4th April 
  • April 4th came with no delivery and no communication from Sony. I rang and was told that the delay was not due to the Tablet but the Dock I had ordered with it and the new Delivery date was now the 28th April. I asked if the tablet could be sent now  ,as I wanted it for traveling, and the dock at a later date , the Customer Service agent told me that that couldn’t be done and that if I wanted the tablet sooner I would have to cancel the order to remove the dock and that I could ‘request’ the dock to be sent at a later date. This I did 
  • The tablet came around the 8th and I took it away with me 
  • Within a few days of use I noticed a couple of issues that I wouldn’t have expected from the flagship tablet from such a  marque as Sony

1)      Touch response issues

2)      Build quality problems with some flex in the back and bezel

I contacted the support team via email and was told to send the tablet in for review

• The tablet was sent back on the 22nd April and a text confirming receipt was sent to me on the 25th 
  • After having no communication from Sony I rang a week later and was told it had only just made it onto the Technicians desk 
  • Again after no communication for another week I rang again and was told the tablet was still on the desk 
  • I waited for another week and rang again to be told the tablet (Sony’s new flagship) was faulty and needed replacing with no detail on when or how 
  • In early May I went through the contact form on Sony’s website and emailed the team it directed me to 
  • On the 19th May I received an email telling me that ,despite what the website directed me too, they couldn’t help and  I needed to ring the Sony Xperia support team 
  • On the 19th May at 1908 I rang the number I was given and spoke to woman , apologies I forget her name but the call should have been logged and possibly recorded, she listened to what I said and the issues I had only to explain these away by saying Sony had followed it policies and that it was unfortunate but Sony can offer no recompense for appalling service I had received

Its now the 27th May , 2 Months down and I still havent had the tablet, I have had no help from Sony all i get is that everything that has happened is within Sonys terms of service, even a sorry was backed up with 'theres nothing we can do to help'

Can anyone from Sony help here ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to inform you that your issue has been escalated within Sony support and they should be contacting you (I dont know when). Give it a little longer anyhow.

In case you are not aware, these forums are not the best way to get direct feedback from Sony.  The forums are a community forum or which we all support each other.

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
flipside101
Explorer

Really No comment form sony. So far thats ) for 3 as reposnse from sonys customer service teams. Phone, email and forums all have gone radio silent.

Maybe Watchdog would be interested after there piece on Sonys Z1 phone they might do a folow on .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to inform you that your issue has been escalated within Sony support and they should be contacting you (I dont know when). Give it a little longer anyhow.

In case you are not aware, these forums are not the best way to get direct feedback from Sony.  The forums are a community forum or which we all support each other.

Cheers

flipside101
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

thankyou for the response , and yes i am aware but as i was getting no response from phone/email or twitter i thought id give it a go.

Again many thanks for your help in getting this noticed.

Kind regards

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@flipside101  don't forget to keep us posted in this thread :wink:

flipside101
Explorer

@jumpsuitWell the news so far is despite the constant promises of someone getting in touch i have heard nothing from Sony, However the tablet has turned up unannounced in a battered box, luckily its working and the build quality has improved though jury’s still out on the touch response.

I’m still extremely disappointed with the utter lack of communication, issue ownership (aside from one very helpful person who sorted out by dock issue whom has probably left) and general service from Sony on of the supposedly senior Marques in the electronics industry, it has all been a bit of an eye opener.

And to those that are thinking why didn’t I just cancel the order I do actually like the hardware so it would be a bit like cutting off my nose to spite my face I am just going to rethink any future Sony purchase from now on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there flipside101

Thank you for the update, unfortunately I cannot disagree with your comments.  However I would like to wish you all the best with your tablet :four_leaf_clover:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@flipside101  thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I suppose at the least you have your tablet - I'm glad you like it they do look superb. :wink: