Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting a Dualshock 3 controller

SOLVED
David_E
Visitor

Connecting a Dualshock 3 controller

Hi,

I've got the WiFi version of the z4 tablet for a few days now and just wanted to ask if there's any way to connect a Dualshock 3 controller to it.

The setup in the settings only shows the ps4 controller, but I remember reading about both versions being compatible.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phy
Legend
Legend

It seems that the Z4 tablet will only work with the DualShock 4

Keep playing your favourite PlayStation® 4 games wherever you are in the home with PS4™ Remote Play3. Simply connect your Xperia Z4 Tablet to your PS4 via home Wi-Fi and use the DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller to ensure you never miss a minute of the action – whatever room you are in

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/press_release/perfected-tablet-entertainment-xperia-z4-table

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Phy
Legend
Legend

It seems that the Z4 tablet will only work with the DualShock 4

Keep playing your favourite PlayStation® 4 games wherever you are in the home with PS4™ Remote Play3. Simply connect your Xperia Z4 Tablet to your PS4 via home Wi-Fi and use the DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller to ensure you never miss a minute of the action – whatever room you are in

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/press_release/perfected-tablet-entertainment-xperia-z4-table
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@David_E

You could follow this steps, let us know if it works

David_E
Visitor

Well it seems like it's really only working natively with ps4 controllers, as the help page in the setup says. the method for the z2 is also not working.

This is very unfortunate, I don't have a ps4 and without buying a new controller for 50€, I guess the only way to use the old one is to root the device some day.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Phy
Legend
Legend

No problem.
David_E
Visitor

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've exchanged my otg cable and with the new one, the ps3 controller is working great with the z4.

Actually, once it's recognized there's a nice menu in the input settings for auto detection as a native android controller, remapping, etc. So no need for 3rd party apps. :smileysmileythumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@David_E

Excellent