Join now - be part of our community!

Webcam on Sony Vaio not working????

Sonytv1984
Explorer

Webcam on Sony Vaio not working????

I have a Sony Vaio SVE1512J6EW running Windows 8.1 the webcam has suddenly stopped working. I've had a look in device manager and it's not listed so I guess the webcam software has been deleted. I've been trying to find the correct software needed to get it working again with no luck.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sonytv1984,

This problem may possibly be a hardware fault or a simple glitch in the operating system. The drivers used by the camera are the standard built-in Windows system drivers so you can probably discount that as a cause if the device is not present in Device Manager.

To eliminate a system glitch try the following:

Open Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and then delete all in that tree by right clicking each device and selecting ‘Delete’. Shut down, remove the battery and AC power adaptor, and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Reattach the AC adaptor and battery and reboot. Windows will reinstall all Serial Bus Controllers and hopefully the camera will now be recognised.

If this fails to have any effect you will need to consider the possibility of a hardware fault. This will be an expensive repair, if out of warranty, but a cheap alternative would be an external USB camera.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat