Join now - be part of our community!

SVS13A1U9E wi-fi limited connectivity/ shutting down freezes/ blue screen

kgolecki
Explorer

SVS13A1U9E wi-fi limited connectivity/ shutting down freezes/ blue screen

My Vaio SVS13A1U9E is suffering a problem which I cannot solve myself. All works fine until wi-fi shows limited connectivity. Other devices (lumia 925, KINDLE) work with the same router at the time and there are no problems with the connection. While the issue appears I can also easilly connect Internet with my Vaio via 3G modem. Always, when this limited connectivity issue appears  i cannot shut down windows 7 properly. It freezes while shutting down procedure and after that the blue screen appears and information that windows didn't shut down properly. I did everything including recovery of fabric settings - clean Windows 7 instalation, but the same situation happens. It happens once in a week, once in a day, sometimes 20 times a day, and than once in a month.

Do You have any idea what can be the cause of my problem and how can i fix it? Maybe it's a hardware issue, because recovery of the fabric settings didn;t solved it.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi kgolecki and welcome.

If you have made a clean Windows 7 install, which wireless driver have you installed? Is there a yellow warning in Device Manager against Network Controller?

There was a W7 driver update back in 2012 "Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter, Version 9.2.0.458 for Microsoft® Windows® 7"

However, I'm not sure if this applies to your model and OS.  You can find all the available drivers for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/SVS13A1U9E/list#os1

kgolecki
Explorer

Hi Blencogo.

Thank You and sorry for delay in my answer. I was unable to check Your advice. Yesterday I tried to recover Windows 7 with my recovery media DVD, but after recovery procedure Windows failed to install. I tried many times but during first step (devices setup) blue screen appeared every time. So that I had to send my laptop to a  post-warranty service.

I think that it might be a hardware issue, maybe with wireless network adapter.

Anyway, thank You.