Join now - be part of our community!

VAIOs are ...

davem20
Visitor

VAIOs are ...

I heard from some people that VAIOs are good and some bad. I obviously listened to the wrong people when i decided to waste a grand on one. Struggles to process tiny things that my old pc could do easily. Am i the only person who thinks this or is there something wrong with my laptop?

39 REPLIES 39
TygerTyger
Visitor

Nick is right though, if you want a damn cool laptop you buy a Vaio. But for the same price, if not less you would get a good deal better performance buying a different brand.
If you do end up taking your Vaio back, Asus seem to be excellent value and a well respected manufacturer, and Dell do ugly powerhousess. But the screens sure don't compare :smileygrin:

nick_pan
Visitor

exactly

no comparisson when it comes to screens,

just been using an HP 9xxx and a dell 9100 for a few days. Yeh pretty powerful but theyre screens were a disaster..

vaio screens are as close as u can get to a desktop

both the hp and dell suffered from a slight blurring effect which was tiresome on the eyes.
Furthermore ever seen either of the above models? BRICKS and next to my k series UGLY BRICKS no jokes

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As William said if you don't like VAIOs go buy a p**sy Packard Bell PC @ £499.

Siddeh
Visitor

for a grand buy a tiny.. u can get highest speced laptop for just over 1k.. but do tiny have a reputation like Vaio? i got my Vaio a few days ago and i dont think ill ever go back.. the screen is awesome for one.. and the performance on this is amazing.. much much better than my old desktop :slight_smile: as its been said, Vaio's are not poweful gaming machines, they are a tool for easier working and compact space :slight_smile: o and to show off u have a Vaio :wink:

kee-lo_

I know, they're great.

What I worry about if I ever get an RA desktop I'll never be able to go back to a conventional desktop

nick_pan
Visitor

only thing that gets close are toshibas in my opinion..

used a beauty today, 3.06ghz,512mb ram, and ati mob 9700 and it flew. all extras included and screen quality similar to vaios..just not quite as a good tho. had great form factor tho

kee-lo_

Yeah there are some nice Toshibas around.

davem20
Visitor

This was PCWORLDs offer a couple of months ago which is why i chose this laptop!

davem20
Visitor

Its a PCGK215B 2.4ghz, 512mb ram 64mb graphics and I mean its slow at absolutely everything, from clicking on start taking a good few seconds and opening any applications. AutoCAD is really slow and I can't draw anything with the speed I could with my old compaq desktop. I know the performance on these things aren't as good as desktops but it struggles to play minesweeper at the proper pace! I don't use it for games very often but I was told when I bought it that it was good for games as well, but even with the graphics on the lowest settings the thing jerks around making it unbearable. It seems really slow just to get a simple menu up and opening and using an application or even the tiniest document seems to take forever. I've installed virtually nothing on it since I bought it and I can't really remember if it's always been like this. Also, the alarm never seems to warn me of low battery which is annoying - as far as I can see it is set to come on, as well as the message which then stops you seeing how long you've got left. Apart from that VAIOs aren't crap.:smileyconfused:

davem20
Visitor

PC World aren't bothered, even though I paid another £400 for if anything goes wrong! They say it's Sony's problem... and Sony problems cost a bomb, if you can ever get in touch.