Join now - be part of our community!

VAIOs are ...

davem20
Visitor

VAIOs are ...

I heard from some people that VAIOs are good and some bad. I obviously listened to the wrong people when i decided to waste a grand on one. Struggles to process tiny things that my old pc could do easily. Am i the only person who thinks this or is there something wrong with my laptop?

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Which notebook do you have and what exactly are you trying to do?

TygerTyger
Visitor

Lol sweeping statements = not helpful. If your newer faster computer can't do what your older crummier one could then something is clearly wrong. Give the details and people will sort you out.

kee-lo_

Yeah just saying VAIOs are crap is helping no one.

William
Visitor

People who buy laptops are generally not looking for cutting edge performance - Certainly not for £1000.

If you want top of the range try £2500+

I would be the first to agree that laptops are compromises and I would agree that they are slower than comparable desktops.
For instance hard disks are generally 5200rpm both for cost and also the 2.5" size.

If you want a crap laptop you can have my GRX.:smileygrin:

William

kee-lo_

If you want a crap laptop you can have my GRX.:smileygrin: 

Still lovin' my GRX :heart_eyes:

nick_pan
Visitor

ive fixed 10 laptops in the last few days that have been bogged down by adware adware, worms etc. They were working at like half the speed they usually should..

if your a big internet user/p2p network person, make sure your keeping the thing in order..

Furthermore, nobody really buys Vaios for cutting edge performance. I know very well that for the money i payed for mine, i could have got a better gfx card, maybe a few hundred more mhz but then i would have been buying a black brick which weighed 5 kilos. Vaios combine power and great form factor in my opinion and i dunno, im a sony person with all the gadgets i have

William
Visitor

I'll second that:smileygrin:

William

kee-lo_

VAIO is a strange thing really, they do like other PCs, yet they're not like PCs, they're on a higher plane. I also like the way Sony make them so they're not a PC but a lifestyle tool, I don't think I could go back to DeLL or localpcmakers type things again....

DAMN YOU !!!
Hehe just kidding

William
Visitor

Aye they are better than PC's - hence VAIO

If anyone thinks VAIO's are crap head off down to PCWORLD and buy their latest laptop special offer and be happy.

William