Join now - be part of our community!

TP2 (UK Spec) wireless keyboard touchpad problem

mhtvaio
Visitor

TP2 (UK Spec) wireless keyboard touchpad problem

Hello everyone.

I have just purchased a Vaio TP2 and hooked it up to my Samsung LCD LE40F telly. Everthing is peachy except for the touchpad on the wireless keyboard.

When I've got my finger on the pad the cursor will sporadically move of its own accord either horizontally or vertically.

This is particularly dangerous given that 'double tap' also randomly activates at the same time so anything can be clicked unintentionally, meaning all kinds of things could go wrong.

On my machine there is no touchpad driver or configuration utility (eg Synaptics software) just a generic Microsoft mouse driver so I'm unable to sort this out.

I've emailed Sony but as yet they seem stumped.

Could anyone tell me, do you have a touchpad driver/config utility for the touchpad on any of your Vaio desktops or do you think I have a hardware fault?

Your help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mhtvaio and welcome to Club Vaio.

The touchpad on the wireless keyboard has no configuration utility and is just part of the HID Keyboard device. If you look in Device Manager it just uses the generic Windows Keyboard drivers - the only control you have is to turn it off!

I have a feeling the only solution will be to replace the hardware.

:slight_frown:

mhtvaio
Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me Biencogo.

Do you think there might be a generic touchpad driver or configuration utility I could use?

belgentieroise
Visitor

I have the same problem with a TP-1 keyboard. The mouse control was erratic and would shoot off at angles. Sony swapped it under warranty and that problem was sorted. The original and replacement keyboards have the same mouse pad tapping problem as mhtvaio describes. Sony support has no solution at present.

The drivers for keyboard are for standard separate devices, no tap controls or anything that you would expect to see.

I have exactly the same problems of random selection of text or activating program icons or hyperlinks when moving the mouse pointer across the screen. Pretty incompetent engineering for a company with Sony's background. If a solution turns up I'll post another reply.