Join now - be part of our community!

Help required with Motion Eye

PrincessAngel
Visitor

Help required with Motion Eye

I'm the proud new owner of a Sony VAIO, as of yesterday! Ths is also the first time that I've worked with VISTA. Not having much luck in getting the Motion Eye to work, have tried within MSN messenger, but when i try to make a call it says 'unable to connect check device isnt being used by another application'. Help, tyring to link up to my dad as is his birthday today. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
hugpache
New

I'm the proud new owner of a Sony VAIO, as of yesterday!  Ths is also the first time that I've worked with VISTA.  Not having much luck in getting the Motion Eye to work, have tried within MSN messenger, but when i try to make a call it says 'unable to connect check device isnt being used by another application'.  Help, tyring to link up to my dad as is his birthday today.  Thanks

Hello,

The first thing I would try would be to reboot the computer. Secondly, try to use the cam software Sony bundles your laptop with (in my case ArcSoft Webcam Companion) and check if it works.
I never had that kind of problem with my VAIO, I'm using Windows Live Messenger 2009, maybe you can give it a try if you haven't done so already.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Princess Angel and welcome.

Do you have McAfee AntiVirus installed on your Vaio?

There is a problem in McAfee SiteAdvisor that conflicts with the latest Windows Live Messenger. There is a fix available from McAfee, have a look here: -

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100601

:thinking: