Join now - be part of our community!

I cannot start my viao at all

BountyKiller
Visitor

I cannot start my viao at all

My windows wont start ,it takes me straight to recovery tools even without pressing f10 .
I have tried a C:Drive recovery plus the other methods , but none work .
I have a message on screen " C Drive to small or does not exsist " ,when I try to select a C:Drive recovery . It did fail on its last attempt after about 5 minutes .After this , it wont even try another one . I think it might be my hardrive that is damaged :slight_frown:

Any help with this will be much appreiciated without taking it in a pc repair shop if possible.

2 REPLIES 2
BountyKiller
Visitor

So I guess nobody knows the answer ??? Maybe my hard drive is well and truly knackered .
My diagnostics come back with no errors at all , I give up , I surrender . I will just have to pay some PC shop to look at it :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is not clear exactly what you have tried. Can we have more information please?

Do you still have access to the BIOS by pressing F2 during boot?
Have you tried starting in Safe Mode by tapping F8 during boot?
Have you tried a full reinstallation by restoring the BIOS defaults and then tapping F10 at startup?
Are you still using the originally installed software?
Have you installed any Virtual Disc software (like Daemon Tools)? These are incompatible with the Recovery Software.
Does your Vaio boot from the Recovery Discs?

Your best bet is to try a full reinstallation without using any of the installed software. To do this tap F10 repeatedly during boot. If this fails then it is likely that your hard disc is faulty.

:thinking: