Join now - be part of our community!

Audio drivers for downgrading to xp on AR51M

evilenglishman
Visitor

Audio drivers for downgrading to xp on AR51M

Hi
today I got my new laptop and my first job is to get XP on it.
I have managed to get practically everything working in XP except for the audio. I've been looking all over to try and sort this out but no matter what I try I cant get it working.

Ive tried the vista drivers and drivers from various places.

I currently have 2 problems.

1. Pop up on windows start:

Rthdcpl - EAccessViolation

2. SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC - yellow ! in device manager with error 10 - device cant start.

Can anyone point me to some drivers that will work?

76 REPLIES 76
clembo37
Visitor

Hi
i like driver for webcam for windows Xp

My vgn ar51m

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi clembo37 and welcome.

The camera driver is the same for Vista and for XP so use your existing camera driver.

You will need the VAIO Camera Utility which is part of the 'Original XP Utilities Package' downloadable from the VGN-AR21S XP downloads page here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=2418

:wink:

Nipper99
Visitor

Hi clembo37 and welcome.

The camera driver is the same for Vista and for XP so use your existing camera driver.

You will need the VAIO Camera Utility which is part of the 'Original XP Utilities Package' downloadable from the VGN-AR21S XP downloads page here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=2418

Dear Blencogo,
First let me say thanks for all of the time you are putting in to this
club to help others
Many Thanks

I assume if your LINK for the Camera Utilities points to or suggests using the 21S Camera Utility, does this mean that the original 51M driver will work but the original 51M Utility won't.

I have not checked my camera yet,

The poor scrolling screen was the worst problem I had but thanks to Laptopvideo2go and all their hard work my screen is fine now

Just my FN, EJECT, Volume, to be fixed next

Have you any suggestions.?

I am at the moment checking out the Sony Asia Site
Where they have done what Sony Europe should have, trouble is their model No's are all differant

Best Regards

Tony
arny@helios-electronics.com

Nipper99
Visitor

update:
I downloaded the AR2 drivers from the vaio site which seem to work and i am now only missing a realtek driver. My audio is working but any realtek driver i install seems to give me that same error on reboot:

Rthdcpl - EAccessViolation error

any ideas?

I also have a "network controller" missing - not sure what that could be at this point as the modem, bluetooth and ethernet is working.

Dear VGN-AR51 Downgraders,
Forget the Realtek Driver, when this is installed it stops the Audio from Working on my AR51M.

If after you have managed to get your audio working and then it stops working, this because Realtek has re-installed itself Via Windows Hardware Wizard.
Go to "Control Panel" then "SYSTEM" then "Hardware" then
"Device Manager" and Disable Realtek

Your Audio should return, make sure that "Sigma" is still there.

Best Regards

Tony

evilenglishman
Visitor

Unfortunately I had to stop experimenting on mine as its needed for my work but on tuesday I will be able to do some more experimenting :smileygrin:

Visitor

Certainly on my FZ11Z, you needed to install a Windows Hotfix to get the audio to work correctly. No problems at all.

Nipper99
Visitor

Unfortunately I had to stop experimenting on mine as its needed for my work but on tuesday I will be able to do some more experimenting  :smileygrin:

Dear AR51M Downgraders,
I now have everything working except my CD Eject, and my Screen Control, the rest of the Buttons are fine.

I had to sought out something regarding the "Poorly Designed", "Awkward to get at" mechanical way of ejecting my CD's DVD's.

Surfing I came across this page, LINK,

http://www.vicman.net/cd-eject/index.htm

No trouble at all simple and works a treat and it is free but I sent $5 USD

The odd problem I have is, when using an external Amp for my sound, the AR51M speakers are still on
Anyone know a fix for this

Best Regards,

Tony

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tony,

The odd problem I have is, when using an external Amp for my sound, the AR51M speakers are still on

Have a look at this thread: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=44938&offset=0

It's not quite the same as your problem but may help!!!!

Nipper99
Visitor

Hi Tony,

Have a look at this thread: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=44938&offset=0

It's not quite the same as your problem but may help!!!!

Dear Blencogo,
Thanks, your TIP Paid Off, :slight_smile: my headphone socket is fine now

I am now down to just one problem, which I do not worry to much about.
That is FN Screen Control.

I have (Keystroke) software that works my EJECT, but it would be nice to get the Sony EJECT button to function, if not I,ll stick with the (Keystroke).

Best Regards,

Tony

evilenglishman
Visitor

what wifi drivers are you guys using?