Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-55HX923 bravia internet video

SOLVED
kargerri
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-55HX923 bravia internet video

Having continuos problems when I press for the bravia internet video content. 

Keep getting the screen, refresh internet content with "internet content is ready, press HOME to display menu. This just repeats itself whilst it's loading with the occasional message "configuration failed while acquiring internet content with code 5007

the internet is connected to the tv as I can view my live twitter feed etc

i have powered down as read as a possible solution. I did also do a factory reset over a week ago which solved the problem and could access the services fine

now it's gone back to inoperable and surely I don't need to keep putting the tv back to factory settings?

its driving me mad :rolling_eyes:

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Problem is normally related to a firmware upgrade. It's normal practice with whichever brand you buy to execute a reset afterward: it's not nice, I agree, but it's common...

View solution in original post

kargerri
Explorer

Ok, thank you. Hope this doesn't have to happen every time. Touch wood it's been ok since my second reset. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not too sure why you got that code, as it shouldnt happen much at all (unlucky?) - As you have already figured out, a factory reset of the TV fixes the problem - your going to have to do that again unfortunately.  But before you do, can you make sure that you are on the latest firmware.  See HERE for more details.

If it happens again in a short time, please reply back.

Cheers

kargerri
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. Yes my firmware is the latest. 

I will do a reset early next week and keep an eye on it. Will report back here as requested 

marlipin86
Explorer

I'm having exactly the same problem with my 26EX553 so would be keen to find out why this has become a recurring issue and whether Sony are going to do anything about it. Resetting everything back to factory settings is NOT a long term solution. Fix whatever the bug is please Sony.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Problem is normally related to a firmware upgrade. It's normal practice with whichever brand you buy to execute a reset afterward: it's not nice, I agree, but it's common...

kargerri
Explorer

Ok, thank you. Hope this doesn't have to happen every time. Touch wood it's been ok since my second reset.