Join now - be part of our community!

Skype Sound not working on KDL-W46905A with CMU-BR200

neilmcgregor
Explorer

Skype Sound not working on KDL-W46905A with CMU-BR200

I am baffled, so any help would really be appreciated.  I purchased a Sony Camera for a Sony TV (as above).  I have updated all of the applications but the following issue still persists.

When a call someone else, they can hear my audio and see my video but I can only see their video and not their audio.  I have check that they are not on mute and tried this with other users and have the same fault.  I have also plugged the Sony Webcam into my PC and it works fine too.

I had a 2 hour telephone call with Sony support where they updated the Skype App and we still have the same problem.  I don't understand how I can plug an expensive Sony Camera into an expensive Sony TV and it still not work.  Moreover, I have had to spend the money on the Sony camera to find that it doesn't work.

In the past, I have been a strong supporter of Sony but after hours of trying to get a 'plug and play' device working, I am loosing confidence in the brand. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can offer any help? 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Two things to try:

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on the TV
  2. Once firmware is upto date, do a factory reset of the TV

Between these two, fixes most general problems.

Cheers

neilmcgregor
Explorer

Thanks for your response.

I have tried the reinstall and factory reset and problem persists.  I think that I have been done by the Sony machine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is interesting that everything works however you just cannot hear audio from the other person.  I dont suppose you have anything else connected to the TV like a soundbar or AV Receiver or Home Theatre System package by any chance?

If so, try setting the Speakers back to TV instead of external audio system.

If that is not the case (and I note that you have tried with multiple other people on tv and fails - but webcam on PC works) - im afraid its back to Sony Support on this one.  I have no other suggestions/ideas.

Cheers