Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-22EX320 connectivity

profile.country.en_GB.title
anj747
Visitor

KDL-22EX320 connectivity

Hi guys,

Can anyone clarify the following specs for the KDL-22EX320 prior to me purchasing it..

• Is the LAN port Gigabit ethernet?
  • Does the Wireless support Wireless N

Also has anyone had any experience with DLNA with this (or a similar Bravia set) from a MyBookWorldII (new white-light edition). I have no problems playing movies from it on my PS3, just wanted to check whether the Bravia DLNA implementation is as good as the PS3s?

Thanks in advance - Anj

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Wireless N is OK but internet protocol is IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/faq/faqkb.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&d=f&KBS=TV&m=KDL-40EX720&f=dlna

http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/tvhc/dlna/dlna.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=KDL-40W5500

What kind of network is supported?

It supports TCP/IP protocol LAN which is formed with a 100BASE-TX type network LAN cable. Hub or router which is compliant with 100BASE-TX, ADSL modem with router function should be used.

MyBookWorld experiance from someone else.

Regards

Damac

anj747
Visitor

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated.

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

No problem. If You need something, just write.

Best regards

Damac

:slight_smile:

anj747
Visitor

Got the TV and am well pleased with it.

Can confirm that Wireless connectivity is good, and good enough to stream movies directly from my MyBookWorld II NAS Drive. No stutter.

Thanks - Anj

gsgordon
Visitor

Bought one yesterday, very nice TV. Picture and features excellent and response times faster than my other Sony Bravia! Sound could be better.

Main issue is not getting the built-in wireless connection to work. The TV is in a location where many other devices - laptops & mobiles - have no problem, even when using WPA2 on my Netgear DG384G router.

I've tried with WEP and with security switched off in the router - no connection!

There's a suggestion in the i-Manual to use the UWA-BR100 wireless dongle if you have a problem with video streaming on the built-in Wifi. Does this imply that the the built-in Wifi is not very good?

By the way, I'm not looking for video streaming, just a connection! The built-in Wifi was the main reason for choosing this model.

anj747
Visitor

I had no problems connecting wireless to my Netgear DGN2000 - and the streaming performance is great.

However, I am using WPA2 encryption. Maybe try that? (WEP is outdated now anyway, might be a good reason to move to WPA2).

Anj

gsgordon
Visitor

Hi Anj, I have been using WPA2 for several years.

As I mentioned, lots of other devices can connect from the same location as the TV but the TV fails whether my router's Wifi security is on or off.