Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer & My5

profile.country.GB.title
Jstu5317
Explorer

BBC iPlayer & My5

I have a 2 year old Sony 32” smart tv and as of yesterday have lost bbc iPlayer and my5. I think Sony no longer supports my television rendering it obsolete. I find this utterly wasteful as I will have to replace it for no reason other than what I think is a software issue. There doesn’t seem to be a single solution for this. I’ve tried a factory reset, router reset and checked for software updates but it’s a complete waste of time. 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Jstu5317,

Welcome to the community. 

This sounds frustrating. What model TV do you have? 

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Jstu5317
Explorer

The model is KDL - 32W706B. 

Thanks for for your interest.

kind regards.

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Please try these network apps troubleshooting tips and let us know how you get on. There is also some information about the My5 app here.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
lithoartist

I continue to have problems with my Sony TV: the message, "Internet download failed because content size exceeds system memory limit" has reared its head again when trying to use BBC iPlayer.  I decided to carry out a factory reset in desperation yesterday. The operation was not successful so far as BBC iPlayer is concerned: it played the first time but the same message occurred on the second occasion.

I tried it this morning afresh: scrolling down to "Fleabag" (the nearest option offered), an episode played.  Going to Channels/One/Schedule/Yesterday and selecting "The One Show" - a half hour programme - "Internet download..." appeared.  

My original post is here: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/bravia-tv-bbc-iplayer-and-quot-internet-download-failed-qu...